Assistant Manager at EY GDS (EY Global Delivery Services)
Views:287 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
EY - Associate Director - Real Estate & Financial Services Valuations (15-20 yrs)
EY Global Delivery Services
Strategy and Transactions - Valuation, Modeling and Economics
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level-EY is among the world's most attractive employers. It offers opportunities & experiences that bring out the best in its people at work everyday:
- Collaborating with diverse teams across the globe helps our people develop a global mind-set.
- It develops outstanding leaders who team to deliver on its promises to all stakeholders.
In so doing, EY plays a critical role in building a better working world for its people, for its clients and for communities.
GDS is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless service delivery to 80 countries across EY through its "High Performing Teams".
GDS India has won several Global HR awards for its people practices, including #1 ranking in the "Dream companies to work- . For the sixth consecutive year, we've been ranked the "Best Place to work for" in the - Great Place to Work- survey.
Strategy and Transactions (SaT) is among the fastest-growing practices of EY globally, delivering Transaction diligence, Valuation & modeling, Strategy, Transaction strategy execution, and Turnaround and Restructuring services to clients around the world.
GDS SaT professionals work as extended team to global SaT practices, to deliver insights, analytics and advice to our clients that determines how they strategically raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital.
SaT offers you:
- First-hand knowledge of how the economic climate is changing
- Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm for a fast-moving environment
- To be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of about 600 professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
We are committed to providing learning opportunities to our employees through robust training and global secondment opportunities.
GDS Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME)
- Within SaT, our VME professionals balance strong technical expertise with extensive sector and account focus to deliver integrated, multi-skill solutions and advanced decision support to our clients. Equally important to our strategy, we bring our deep financial, economics and analytics skills to bear in order to support our clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and optimizing capital efficiency.
- VME comprises the full suite of valuation-related services, including Business Valuation, Capital Equipment, Complex Securities, Corporate Finance, Corporate Real Estate and Real Estate Valuation services. In addition, we have Business Modeling, Analytics and Economic Advisory services to guide our clients- corporate finance decisions and provide them with valuable insights through use of advanced modelling and data analytics techniques.
- With over 3,500 valuation professionals worldwide (350+ in GDS VME), no similarly positioned global professional organization can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
Role: Associate Director, Real estate and Financial services valuation
- To support our ambition of achieving exceptional growth, innovative offerings and world-class talent development, we are looking for a competent and enthusiastic leader for our Real estate and Financial services valuation practice.
- Our Real estate and Financial services valuation practices work on a range of complex valuation problems and corporate finance decision-making issues with our clients across private equity and corporate space, covering equity, debt and real estate asset classes. The combined group comprises ~100 professionals with proficiency in real estate / banking and capital markets / private equity sectors, along with strong competency valuation.
- Provide dynamic and agile leadership to achieve growth and innovation in services. Build new markets and generate demand for GDS services through continuous dialogue with stakeholders
- Develop deep understanding of the markets and key clients to identify opportunities for new services and solutions, that drive sustainable growth and future-proof our business; lead conversations with stakeholders with consulting and problem-solving mindset
- Leverage own functional knowledge and project management experience to ensure high quality output and robust service delivery on engagements; coach and guide the team on complex functional issues and have a robust learning and development program for continuous skill development
- Engagements include valuation of different asset classes (real estate across different property classes / equity investment / debt investment / loans etc.) for transaction or financial reporting purposes; real estate strategic advisory or portfolio optimization; large-scale transformation projects etc.
- Lead high-complexity engagements and critical account relationships to build a successful partnership and become a trusted advisor to clients and EY onsite leaders
- Adopt new-age technology to enhance value of output and efficiency in processes; drive team towards continuous innovation in services and ways of working
- Measure and monitor key performance metrics and make required interventions to bring performance on course
- Be a transformative team leader and lead the team towards excellence and highest level of performance by providing diverse opportunities and motivation; create a culture of strong teaming and sense of belongingness through an open-minded and compassionate approach
- Strengthen diversity and inclusiveness in the team by proactive interventions aligned with EY D&I priorities
Job requirements :
To qualify, a candidate must have:
- A post-graduate degree in finance, accounting (CA) or business with 15+ years of related work experience on valuation of real estate or financial assets. Well-versed with different valuation methodologies and their application to different asset classes
- Preferably, one of the globally recognized certifications - MRICS/FRICS, FRM, CFA
- 5+ years experience in leadership role, setting-up and expanding service delivery teams, driving transformation and innovation, and achieving challenging growth targets
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders and exposure to global set-up
- Proficient in using data and information to draw insights, along with ability to present a compelling story through impactful presentations and visual tools. Preference to those with strong data analytics skills
- Strong communication and influencing ability
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, when required
EY GDS is an equal employment opportunity employer
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.