Lead - Recruitment at EY
Views:2825 Applications:351 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
EY - Associate Director - Domain Analyst - Consumer Products & Retail Industry (10-15 yrs)
The Domain Analyst is responsible for delivering impactful analysis and insight for the specific domain to which the individual is aligned, in accordance with the priorities agreed in the domain's Integrated Knowledge Plan. These priorities may cover supporting key accounts and/or strategic solutions, providing an insightful perspective on a specific market or sector, supporting a service line strategy or developing market-impacting points of view to support a domain's go-to-market priorities.
This role requires the ability to combine strong analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspective driven by an understanding of both clients- experiences and broader marketplace drivers. A collaborative mindset is also crucial, as Analysts have a key role to play in supporting networks within their domain, sharing information across sectors, service lines, accounts and solutions, and using that information to further strengthen the quality of materials produced.
The Analyst will also work closely at times with knowledge specialists in other domains (e.g. in another sector, service line or geography) to deliver on cross-sector / cross-service line topics and initiatives. This position also requires awareness and understanding of other EY Knowledge functional competencies and services to ensure consideration of the broad array of EY Knowledge support to their customers at the appropriate time in order to collectively deliver an integrated knowledge plan to the domain.
Senior Analysts work closely with the Domain Knowledge Leader and Knowledge Managers to support the domain's leadership and other senior stakeholders, providing thought-provoking content to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace and proactively helping to identify new business opportunities and risks. The analyst may also engage with clients, including at the C-suite level, in support of the domain's agenda.
This individual will be recognized as a domain expert and, together with the Domain Knowledge Leader and senior Knowledge Manager, will help frame the knowledge landscape and analysis/insight requirements for the executive leadership. They will ensure the quality and delivery of research, analysis, market intelligence and other intellectual capital provided by knowledge staff located throughout the world to support the specific domain's initiatives. They will share best practice with colleagues across domains and contribute to the development of core products and services to drive excellence and consistency across EY Knowledge. They will also proactively consider opportunities to engage with other domains around issues of common interest and participate in cross-domain initiatives.
Essential Functions of the Job -
- Provides deep analytical insight and understanding of the specific domain, with responsibility for the execution of strategic and complex initiatives based on a detailed knowledge of the domain's dynamics and drivers.
- Engages with senior domain stakeholders to provide a big-picture perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the domain and prepares insightful analysis on the impact of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Drives development and co-creation of insights beyond publicly available information including EY's proprietary knowledge by interacting with the Knowledge manager, account teams, service line colleagues, clients and external networks.
- Develops a credible internal brand to become recognized within EY as a subject matter expert within the business.
- May participate in client meetings, roundtables and other events, and may speak at conferences on the specific domain issues to strengthen EY's presence and reputation in the market.
- Together with the Knowledge Manager, proactively alerts stakeholders regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assesses the impact of those changes on internal strategies and plans.
- Builds strong relationships within priority accounts/solutions/service lines/markets and collaborates with domain stakeholders and EYK colleagues to bring research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Participates in key strategic planning activities and major initiatives, including pursuits.
- Drives greater connectivity within the domain and across other parts of EY by using strong relationships to share information and convene groups around a common issue.
- Proactive approach to identifying materials, credentials and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant within and across domains, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams and communities (eg accounts, solutions, sub-service lines).
- Works with Domain Knowledge Leader and Analytics & Measurement team to determine ROI on key initiatives.
- Identifies cross-sector Point of View (POV) sharing opportunities and collaborates with other domain teams on issues that cut across EY's business activities.
- Engages with EY Benchmarking team to use available data to support domain priorities and shares domain data with the Benchmarking team for broader reuse across the firm.
- Works with the Market Development and Insights leader to drive and deliver competency excellence and application of innovative research and analysis approaches within the domain
- Acts as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain and positively influences change by: leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviors; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Superior ability to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the domain to develop a compelling point of view that drives results.
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and talented at defining the root causes of trends.
- Skilled in identifying issues and trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives and opportunities for EY.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesise information, review data inputs and provide analytic insights
- Adept at implementing strategically sound analytical methodologies and skilled in coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization
- Understands the firm's go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the service lines, and how knowledge enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Understands EY Vision 2020 and Knowledge Transformation, and ensures key knowledge research and insight strategies are aligned to them
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated understanding of the issues, trends and drivers within the specific domain
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Outstanding executive-level presentation skills; demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of domain and EY leadership, as well as clients at a senior level
- Comfortable with big picture thinking
- Succinct and structured oral and written communications skills with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients- needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Confident to build a network of internal and external contacts to help shape point of view
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customised projects with a high degree of autonomy and manage multiple, highly-complex projects simultaneously
- Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills to talk about knowledge programs in a clear, compelling manner with a professional/executive presence
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Leads multidisciplinary teams, often working virtually across service lines and geographies
- Limited direct supervision responsibility but must work with, motivate and cultivate a high-performance teaming environment with analysts in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment
- Reviews the work of colleagues and mentors their skills development
- May serve as counselor or manager for other analysts and specialists
- May require occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree or postgraduate qualification an advantage
- 10+ years experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organisations in the relevant domain