EY - Assistant Manager - Valuation/Modeling & Economics - CA/CFA/IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (5-10 yrs)
Assistant Manager: Valuation, Modeling & Economics
- Develop and review of financial models for purposes including strategic planning; capital allocation, transaction support, mergers and acquisitions; investment appraisal; financial accounting and reporting purposes
- Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed
- Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business
- Managing and motivating teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds and fostering a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Maintaining long-term client relationships and networks and cultivating business development opportunities
- Use current technology and tools to innovate and enhance the effectiveness of services provided and act as a leader in adopting new tools and techniques
- Work in a highly regarded team, which values collaboration, respect and knowledge sharing
- Work in close collaboration with other Strategy and Transaction teams and the wider firm
What we look for:
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We- re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We- re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We- re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- You are highly motivated. We- re looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion in providing financial solutions and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
To qualify for the role, you must have :
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting; Masters preferred
- CA / CFA preferred or MBA (preferably from a premier institute) with a good academic background
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience with a venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, or national accounting firm; experience in a financial modeling practice is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to create innovative, robust and flexible financial model solutions based on client's financial and operational information to provide insight into client decisions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- A strong desire to continually develop themselves and others
- Ability to successfully manage engagements including the work of team members, client interaction, quality of service and expenditures against budget and revenue
- Ability to provide best practice financial modeling guidance to team members to ensure the completion of work deliverables at the highest level of quality
- Superior skills in MS Excel with additional experience in one or more of the following preferred: MS Access; SQL Server; Data Visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, PowerPivot, Power BI); Statistical packages and coding languages including Python, R, VBA, C# and/or C++
- General PC proficiency including Word, and PowerPoint
We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region to other GDS locations on a short or long-term basis, whenever required.
Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.