EY - Assistant Manager - Tech Lawyer - LLB (5-8 yrs)
Role description :
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Service Line/Sub-Business Line: GDS GCO Support, supporting the General Counsel's Office (GCO)
The opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team within EY. Based in the RMS-GCO Commercial Contracting team in GDS India, the role will support the General Counsel's Office and support EY's business on Client and vendor contracts. You will provide legal support to the business and become a trusted adviser of stakeholders (often at senior level, including engagement partners). You will be expected to assess and understand how firm risks can be best managed and mitigated.
- Shall be part of the GDS GCO Support team, and shall as EY's legal representative be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and advising on:
- Master Services Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Framework Agreements.
- Client Contracts (Engagement Agreement, Sub-Contract Agreement, RFPs, Managed Services Agreement);
- IT contracts, Software License Agreements.
- Data Privacy (Assessments, agreements, advisory).
- Act as a point of contact for EY's business/procurement teams and support the GCO team.
- Have a thorough understanding of general key business risks that need to be managed.
- Leading a team, conducting quality checks, mentoring, and training the team members.
- Responding to Request for Proposals in line with corporate norms, GCO's risk mitigation and bid strategy.
- Preparing contract deviation list/ summary.
- Providing business and legal advice and guidance to internal clients and end users regarding potential issues stemming from new and existing contracts.
- Communicating challenges, risks and benefits to appropriate management levels, affected user groups and other members of the GCO in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Liaising with internal specialist functions including Independence, onshore General Counsel's Office, Security, Privacy and Risk Management.
- Developing understanding of EY policies and ensuring that all contractual documents are compliant with all relevant EY policies.
Skills and attributes for success
You will be provided with training and coaching on the job.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes and skills:
- A pragmatic problem solver
- A drive to continuously build and master key technical, functional and professional skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to effectively manage a demanding workload with tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging and demanding environment
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor the team members
Experience and qualifications
- Law Graduate, with 5-8 years of post-qualification experience in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts or other complex contracts.
- Experience in dealing with Govt Contracts and RFPs.
- Knowledge of data privacy assessments data protection, privacy and security terms.
- Experience in leading team of experienced legal graduates.
- Experience of senior management and stakeholder management.
- Confidence delivering subject matter content to peers and seniors.
- Understanding of compliance related concepts such as Independence, Conflicts.
What we look for
- Someone who wants to grow into a new role at EY and develop new skills and attributes
- A passion to contribute to the growth of the wider GCO and GDS team
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes hybrid, flexible working and career development, along with:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy and Transactions, we're using the products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.