Lead - Recruitment at EY
Views:3160 Applications:746 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
EY - Assistant Manager - Research & Analysis - Metals & Mining Sector (6-8 yrs)
Assistant Manager - Metals & Mining Sector
Job Summary :
- The Domain Analyst is responsible for delivering impactful analysis and insight for the Mining and Metals domain, in accordance with the priorities agreed in the Integrated Knowledge Plan. These priorities may cover supporting key accounts and/or strategic solutions, providing an insightful perspective on a specific market or sector, supporting a service line strategy or developing market-impacting points of view to support a domains go-to-market priorities.
- This role requires the ability to combine strong data analytical skills and a strategic mindset with real-world perspective driven by an understanding of both clients experiences and broader marketplace drivers. A collaborative mindset is also crucial, as Analysts have a key role to play in supporting networks within their domain, sharing information across sectors, service lines, accounts and solutions, and using that information to further strengthen the quality of materials produced.
- The Analyst will also work closely at times with knowledge specialists in other domains (e.g. in another sector, service line or geography) to deliver on cross-sector / cross-service line topics and initiatives. This position also requires awareness and understanding of other EY Knowledge functional competencies and services to ensure consideration of the broad array of EY Knowledge support to their customers at the appropriate time in order to collectively deliver an integrated knowledge plan to the domain.
- Analysts work closely with the Domain Knowledge Leader, Senior Domain Analyst and Knowledge Managers to support the domains leadership and other senior stakeholders, providing thought-provoking content to help EY differentiate itself in the marketplace and proactively helping to identify new business opportunities and risks.
- This individual will be credible as a domain expert and will help to ensure the quality and delivery of research, analysis, market intelligence and other intellectual capital provided by knowledge staff located throughout the world to support the specific domains initiatives. They will also proactively consider opportunities to engage with other domains around issues of common interest and participate in cross-domain initiatives.
Essential Functions of the Job :
- Provides clear analytical insight and understanding of the Mining and Metals domain, with responsibility for the execution of initiatives based on a detailed knowledge of the domains dynamics and drivers.
- Engages with domain stakeholders and internal customers to provide a big-picture perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the domain and prepares insightful analysis on the impact of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Supports development and co-creation of insights beyond publicly available information by interacting with the Knowledge Manager, account teams, engagement teams and service line colleagues to extract, update, share and use appropriate content.
- May participate in client meetings, round tables and other events to support domain leadership and strengthen EYs presence and reputation in the market.
- Together with the Knowledge Manager, proactively alerts stakeholders regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assesses the impact of those changes on internal strategies and plans.
- Builds strong relationships within priority accounts/solutions/service lines/markets and collaborates with domain stakeholders and EYK colleagues to bring research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Provides research, analysis and insight support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Proactive approach to identifying materials, credentials and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant within and across domains, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams and communities (eg accounts, solutions, sub-service lines).
- Identifies cross-sector Point of View (POV) sharing opportunities and collaborates with other domain teams on issues that cut across EYs business activities.
- Engages with EY Benchmarking team to use available data to support domain priorities and shares domain data with the Benchmarking team for broader reuse across the firm.
- Acts as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain and positively influences change by: leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviors; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities :
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the domain to deliver compelling analysis that supports business priorities.
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and talented at defining the root causes of trends.
- Capable at identifying issues and trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives and opportunities for EY.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide analytic insights
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable at coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Understands the firms go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the service lines, and how knowledge enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Understands EY Vision 2020 and Knowledge Transformation, and ensures key knowledge research and insight strategies are aligned to them
Knowledge and Skills Requirements :
- Credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Comfortable presenting to an executive-level audience; demonstrated ability to interface with stakeholders and internal customers across different levels of seniority
- Comfortable with big picture thinking
- Succinct and structured oral and written communications skills with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Confident to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customised projects with a high degree of autonomy; adept at managing several projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills to talk about knowledge programs in a clear, compelling manner with a professional/executive presence
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Supervision Responsibilities :
- May help to lead multidisciplinary teams, often working virtually across service lines and geographies
- Limited direct supervision responsibility but must help to cultivate a high-performance teaming environment with analysts in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment
- Reviews the work of colleagues and mentors their skills development
- May serve as counselor or manager for other analysts and specialists
Other Requirements :
- May require occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Proficient in English
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Masters degree or postgraduate qualification an advantage
Experience : 6 8 years experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organisations in the relevant domain