AGM HR at Extramarks Education India Pvt. Ltd
Views:1160 Applications:243 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Extramarks - Manager - Strategy (2-4 yrs)
Founded in 2007, Extramarks is leading the Education Technology sector in India by providing 360 degree education support to learners through new age digital education solutions. These solutions are used by schools in class room teaching to make the teaching-learning process easy and effective. Students are benefitted by access to these solutions at home to enable self-learning. Keeping pace with globalization and technology in education, Extramarks empowers young learners to step in with the latest technology and have anytime-anywhere access to quality learning. In a very short period, Extramarks has become extremely popular among schools and students. More than 8000 schools use digital learning solutions of Extramarks across India, Singapore, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar and South Africa.
The school product of the company "Extramarks Smart Learn Class" uses learning modules mapped to the syllabi provided by various educational boards. These modules are based on a pedagogy specially developed by experienced educationists. The best of institutions in India and other countries use Extramarks Smart Learn Classes to impart education in class rooms.
Extramarks Smart Study Pack - A product focused on home-work help can be used by students at own pace and space. It adopts a three pronged approach to meet the learning requirement of a student i.e. Learn, Practice and Test. It uses the same learning modules which the schools use to impart education in class rooms. It also provides ample opportunities to practice and test knowledge through a specially designed test center.
Extramarks Smart Study Pack is also used by the schools for augmenting class room teaching. The use of Extramarks Smart Study Pack in the class room eliminates heavy school bags and note books. It allows the educator to control the teaching environment and enables to push assignments and tests to the students. Extramarks has been instrumental in mitigating burden of school bags through its bag less education campaign. Extramarks technology has successfully outdated the prevalent learning methods by developing technology enabled platforms that leave a stronger imprint on the young minds.
The Bag-less learning thrives upon the concept of providing children a healthy environment. Bag-less education is facilitated through BYOD (bring your own device) wherein the whole books are consolidated and encapsulated into a device less than few kilograms in weight.
A lot of schools have already embraced the Extramarks technology to remove bags from schools thereby adopting bag less classroom. Many of the schools and students are affirmative about its benefits and intend to register soon.
Extramarks employs more than 3100 employees directly & 1800 employees on contractual role and has 27 offices across India. Extramarks also has its offices in Singapore, South Africa, UAE, Indonesia and Kuwait.
Description of Role
Extramarks is currently in the process of scaling up rapidly and is looking for Manager - Strategy & Ops to be an experienced professional with unique skill who stretches from strategy to execution. Extramarks is driving student learning through data driven techniques by providing personalized learning recommendations to the students. Apart from such customer facing innovations, we are also implementing internal operational excellence solutions through similar data driven approaches. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join Extramarks and help change the face of education in India.
Job Title: Manager - Strategy & Ops
Formal Title: Manager
Key Responsibility Areas
- Working closely with the Chairman, CEO & External Senior Consultants in the integration and formulation of corporate strategy by providing dynamic support to achieve world-class strategy and drive an extremely impactful corporate development operational plan.
- A forward-thinking leader who has the ability to bring together multiple perspectives and people, distil their inputs into coherent business decisions with actionable data-driven insights.
- Should have the ability for deploying divisional strategy plans, creating and executing against the continuous-improvement vision and developing leadership capabilities throughout the organization.
- Should be able to work effectively, autonomously and drive strategy and effective decisioning cross-functionally with Financial Planning, Marketing, Product Management, Content Planning & Analysis, Data Science and Logistics & Operations teams.
- Proactive approach towards translating strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them.
- Able to contribute to driving a culture of innovation by exploring trends, innovations, and business opportunities that align with the corporate strategy.
- Should be able to deliver high-impact presentations for Senior Management to influence action on strategic recommendations.
- Proactively identifying and resolving strategic issues and risks that may impact the team's ability to meet goals.
- Will be required to work in a highly dynamic work environment with cross- functional teams and the key leaders across various departments to achieve overall business objectives in a timely & efficient manner.
- Management and delivery of projects with the highest levels of performance, reliability, usability.
- Shall be a transformational leader who has the willingness to develop deep industry knowledge and develop the expertise to establish a best in class Operational Excellence organization including development of a high performing team focused on improving and sustaining operating performance.
- Should be able to project manage long term planning which shall include positioning development, marketing plans, timeline and roadmap planning, stats analysis and reporting.
- Should have experience in maintaining and developing prospective client and key strategic partners network.
- Overseeing development of marketing plans and creative briefs.
Skill Sets Expected
- Top-tier MBA
- 2-3+ Years of Relevant work experience in Strategy formulation and implementation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. VBA knowledge a plus.
- Should have demonstrated experience as a leader and proven success as a strategist, analyst, and experience with Operations and Change Management.
- Experience in market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends.
- High-energy, passionate, with a growth mind set of developing and implementing strategies.
- Strong project management, leadership, and facilitation skills, including experience with managing cross-function matrix teams, and building consensus across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of data analysis software such as R/Python a plus.