Express Stores - Vice President - Business Operations (4-8 yrs)
About Express Stores :
- Express Stores is an omnichannel startup (online and offline) startup by IIT Delhi, BITS Pilani grads. It is a platform for grocery stores to find trusted business solutions including supply, inventory management and customer relationship management tools.
- The founders have worked at UrbanClap, Jabong, Flyrobe, Wadi.com in India, Dubai and South East Asian Markets. We are a young, passionate team working on a tough but huge opportunity in India.
- We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in giving customers the same value of Supermarkets in their neighborhood stores by making them larger, better, cleaner and cheaper. We are backed by some of the best investors in this country, who share this vision with us.
About Role :
- We are looking for our very first VP of Business. This position will eventually lead to heading operations of an entire geography at Express Stores. This is by far the most challenging and demanding position Express Stores has to offer, requiring proven leadership skills and guts.
- As Express Stores's first VP (Business), you will be responsible for establishing end-to-end processes for grocery store on-boarding and relationship management, consumer understanding, digitizing the Kirana, understanding the data of sales to improvise the inventory & launch marketing campaign to increase sales, sales force hiring etc.
- In a nut-shell, you will help the founding team crack the code on how Express Stores can dominate the grocery hyperlocal market in a city. Once that code is cracked and the playbook defined, you will either launch Express Stores in other cities, or train future business team on the same.
Roles and responsibilities :
- You will be expected to pick a set of grocery stores branded by Express Stores and increase the business of the Kirana through improvising inventory, strategise and implement digitization, launch customer engagement marketing campaigns - both offline and online.
This would involve :
1. Understanding the FMCG space in depth, and how and what customers purchase in the same
2. Identifying and on-boarding Kirana partners - This may involve meeting many of them and plenty of field work initially
3. Institutionalizing service delivery norms and processes for the business
4. Imparting the necessary training to on-boarded Kirana partners on these norms
5. Representing Express Stores in city wide events and conferences
6. Working with the product team to create breakthrough technology in the Kirana stores and online customer app
7. Strategising marketing campaigns to generate more sales in our partner stores
8. Managing call center operations to address customers
Location : Gurgaon