Founder at Jobs Avenue
Views:273 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Export Manager - Sales - Engineering Products (10-15 yrs)
Key Responsibilities of an Export Sales Manager
An export sales manager will be responsible for generating and enhancing the sales of the Engineering products in other countries. They will make sure that the products are made available in the international markets by analysing the trends of the customers and developing sales plans and strategies to meet their needs. The key responsibilities that need to be handled by an export sales manager is as under:
1. The basic and the most important step is to identify new business opportunities by tapping the potential customers from different countries
2. To plan, design, develop and implement different sales activities by researching the customer's needs and requirements
3. To ensure that the all the sales and marketing activities are carried out within the agreed budgets, volume, sales, and within the given time scales
4. To take initiative and efforts to develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the export procedures and activities
5. Develop business potential in the field of Engineering goods related to construction of buildings, factories, infrastructure and other MEP products but not limited to same which would require identifying projects, interaction with clients, and develop inquiries.
6. Preparation and submission of tenders/offers with comprehensive breakdown of each item to be priced, negotiation in close coordination with the undersigned.
7. Preparation of submittals, obtaining approvals, execution, quality control etc.
8. Close supervision of sales, liaison with main contractor, consultant, client and making all the correspondence to keep the sales up to date in terms of financial and technical aspects.
9. Reporting on weekly basis about the progress on a format for which must be developed by you in coordination with all.
10. Timely billing of all the sales and submission of the same in time to the client. Follow upon collections and timely payment.
11. Registering the company in various government and private organization
Suitable candidates should have at least some of the following skills:
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to understand the clients' needs and interact with the vendors and the senior management personnel
2. Self-starter, outgoing personality with exceptional selling and negotiating skills to achieve the sales targets ultimately
3. Ability to research and analyze the trends in the market and take appropriate decisions or suggest recommendations
4. Proficient in language, where the products are being marketed
5. Strong presentation skills, positive attitude and ability to work in a target driven environment
6. Should be result oriented with good business acumen, computer literate with excellent time management and organization skills.
- An educational background in Engineering with exposure in marketing, sales, business administration and management would prove to be beneficial. Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, getting the job would be easier. Proficiency in the foreign language other than English would prove to be an added advantage while interacting with the client and vendors from different countries.
- An export sales manager normally works for forty-five hours per week. He may need to extend his work schedule if he needs to attend some trade shows, exhibitions or meetings. He may be required to travel on several occasions to explore new opportunities.
- The salary compensation for the export sales manager will be USD $25,000 per annum plus actual cost incurred for travelling. He will also be eligible for commission which will be decided by management based on performance.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.