Expedia Group - Manager - Data Science - Product Analytics (5-10 yrs)
- Are you passionate about improving customer experience through deep behavioral insights? Do you love travel and want to help a product-oriented company continuously improve their platform to facilitate travel? If so, read on!
- Expedia Group is seeking an intellectually curious, collaborative and experienced analytics leader to join the Global Data Science team in Gurgaon as a Manager, Data Science. This team fuels data-informed decisions, and proactively seeks data-driven solutions to enhance web products and improve customer experience.
What you'll do:
- Hire and lead a solid team of analysts to drive key analytics priorities aligned to Expedia's strategic imperatives and business priorities
- Help the analytics and product teams establish and communicate a set of prioritized OKRs (Objective Key Results) at the planning process
- Partner with data engineering and analytics platform teams to automate reporting of business performance and traveler metrics
- Drive precise, deep analyses and communicate prioritized and impactful recommendations to a variety of stakeholders (product managers, technology leaders and marketers) at various company forums
- Partner with technology and program teams to define requirements and implement clickstream tracking and instrumentation at granular level to measure customer experience and engagement
- Partner with analytics and experimentation platform teams across Expedia Group to help develop Expedia's data platform, common clickstream, common experimentation platform, and next generation of reporting capabilities
- Help the product and tech leaders identify, measure and prioritize high value business opportunities through valuation frameworks
Who you are :
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, physics, mathematics, data science or analytics
- Solid experience hiring, building, mentoring and leading a team
- A total of 5-9 years of experience in web and product analytics
- Hands-on experience using relational databases and big data via writing performant queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and billion row datasets in EDW, AWS and Hadoop environments
- Hands-on experience with modern web analytics tools (Adobe analytics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel etc)
- Experience using modern visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlik)
- Experience in a relevant area travel, ecommerce, or technology is a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain the respect of senior management and external executives and partners.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
Why join us :
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business.
- Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer.
- We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, Vrbo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Expedia Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia Cruises and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.