Talent Scout at Exotel
Views:2945 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Exotel - Head - International Carrier Partnerships (4-10 yrs)
Exotel is one of Southeast Asia's largest cloud telephony companies. Our aim is to change the way enterprises look at customer communication. We build the best in class communication products that power the companies of today and tomorrow. Our technology enables customer communication for our clients such as Uber, Ola, Go-Jek, Redbus, Flipkart, Quikr, Practo, Lazada, Redmart, to name a few.
We are a young company with humble beginnings in 2011 that grew from a 3 member team to 150+ employees in 2018. Our technology has connected 85 million people, powered 1.2 billion customer calls, powered 3.2 billion voice API calls, 3.2 billion business SMS powered. Read our 2018 growth story here.
About the role :
Head- International Carrier Partnerships acts as the primary point of contact for our global operator connectivity, handling things like contracts, price negotiations and new product liaison to Product Management. He is the owner of any new market entry for Exotel from creating a business plan to executing on the market entry. He is also responsible for finding new carriers to serve specific needs by geography and traffic type to allow expansion and improve problem areas.
What will you do?
- Work with VP of operations to create the strategic roadmap for carrier use and expansion, fine-tuning the products used, geographies, costs and quality and hold carriers accountable for delivering the best service
- Own Exotel voice capability expansion end to end in SEA and Middle East
- Create a strategic vision and roadmap for carrier mix by region and in aggregate to help achieve company objectives and international expansion
- Hold regular QBRs and carrier meetings as necessary to maintain relationships and accountability
- Maintain a network of contacts who know the telecom space well enough to provide valuable contacts into new carriers
- Evaluate new/prospective carriers to ensure a good fit with Exotel in terms of quality, cost, functionality and technical requirements adherence
- Hold existing carriers accountable to deliver on the best quality, cost, and useable products & features that can be resold to our customers
- Maintain the best possible gross margin, balanced with the best quality from carriers globally
- Attend trade shows and conferences, as applicable, to find new carriers and meet existing ones
What we look for ?
- College BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4 + years of experience with wholesale telephony carrier interactions. Knowledge of telephony services, call routing using VoIP/SIP, Toll Free, DID, Termination services
- Experience working for a Telecom Carrier or service provider. Deep technical understanding of telephony service offerings and MPLS solutions.