Exim Manager - AgriTech (6-8 yrs)
Our client is a Bengaluru-based agritech startup focussing on aggregating small farms on a profit-sharing model. Founded by four IITians in 2020, it is India's No.1 B2B marketplace for fruits. It increases the net earnings of partner farmers by leveraging technology across different stages of the farming cycle like crop planning, access to quality inputs and finally selling their harvest to the right buyers.
This VC funded startup has raised more than $40 million from top tier investors.
It is truly simplifying farming and increasing the land utilisation for farmers.
As an Exim Manager, you will be responsible for owning all activities related to import-export of products ie. logistics, third party warehousing, material handling, shipment of products from point of origin to point of delivery, and trade compliance.
What you will do :
- Performing total landed cost analysis and recommending optimal shipping methods, carriers and routing to meet transportation parameters, delivery specifications and costs
- Floating RFPs and negotiating competitive rates for international transportation service
- Reviewing shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders for payments
- Coordinating claims process for international shipments with freight forwarders and Risk Management
- Maintaining metrics, customer service logs, processes, safety training and records
- Defining import and export SOP and evaluating freight forwarder to ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Collaborating with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes
- Conducting and reviewing audits for logistics activities
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing industry best practices for risk mitigation kicking in contingency plans to secure critical shipping lanes
What you need to have :
- 6-8 yrs of relevant experience in EXIM
- Decent communication & strong negotiation skills
- High level of ownership & commitment to maintain data confidentiality
- Go-getter attitude & willingness to get proactively involved for seamless execution
- Disciplined approach & ability to resolve issues real-time
- Effective reporting & database management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills