Executive/Manager - Merchandising & Sourcing (3-8 yrs)
Immediate Position with 60 years old MULTINATIONAL IN MUMBAI.
JOB ROLE :
1. Merchandising and Sourcing
Strategy & Analysis-
- To create frame work of price point analysis, category analysis and sales analysis and document the findings and hypothesis of merchandising mix.
- To design and drive appropriate vendor mix strategies at assortment level and business mix level
- Monthly in-depth business analysis - assortment / brand / vendor / SKU / revenue / new SKUs / fast movers-slow movers / category analysis etc.
- Merchandising & Catalogue management
- Sourcing of the merchandise after competitive benchmarking. Market price validations.
- Good negotiator with the fair perspectives of costing, rebates & discount management
- Catalog updates and continuous improvement of merchandise selection
- To proactively explore and build new merchandise categories / sub-categories
- To search & evaluate new vendors, who are reliable, stable, competitive and operationally strong
- To create and assess vendor score card on the various parameters
- To conduct on-site vendor audits
- To hold the quarterly vendor performance analysis along with the vendors
- Knowledge of relevant industries, markets; Trade show attendance
- Benchmarking of the catalogues and pricings against the competition
- To be sensitive to the quality issues / delivery issues escalated by customer service / clients and establish the mechanism internally and with the vendors to mitigate the same in future.
2. Supply chain management / local manufacturing co-ordination
- To co-ordinate with the US logistic and supply chain team on all the export shipments - dispatch and documentations. Make sure documentation is in order before the shipment is dispatched.
- To co-ordinate and liaise with the custom clearing agents in making sure that the goods are received at Indian customs, Bill of Entry is rightly filed (validation of custom duty and packaging list etc.) and goods are delivered to the assigned location within the agreed TAT. This requires regular and in-time follow-ups.
- To ensure and validate that all the goods under import are well received and stored
- To co-ordinate with the courier partner in making sure that the imported goods are dispatched within the stipulated time with all necessary documentation. This requires co-ordination with finance and courier partner.
- To ensure that all the necessary documentation of goods received under Export is filed in order and accessible for any future reference
- Co-ordinate with the local manufacturing partner on upcoming order fulfillment, data files, dispatch info etc.
- Visit the appointed manufacturer and audit the quality of manufactured awards, packing, package and dispatches.
- M.B.A. with about 5 years of core Merchandising experience at national level.
- Merchandising and sourcing experience is must. Should have demonstrated ability of scouting and onboarding new vendors.
- Excellent command over Microsoft Excel and advance excel - Pivot, Vlookup, conditional formatting etc.
- ERP system proficiency (SAP/JDA)