Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:381 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Executive Director - Company Secretary/Legal & Corporate Affairs - Chemicals/FMCG/Infrastructure - LLB (25-27 yrs)
Executive Director - Company Secretary, Legal & Corporate Affairs
- To provide professional legal advice, legal leadership, strategy and risk management through knowledge experience and help develop compliance systems and processes for all company's operations and all areas of the business across Global in conjunction with functional and business leaders in the countries and with appointed external legal advisors. To ensure that all company's operations across Global including joint venture comply with the laws of that Region.
- To provide and set strategic direction, sound balanced legal advice on a wide range of corporate commercial matters. Accountability for corporate compliance and legal issues. Oversight for various legal regulatory and government affairs related matters. Being at the forefront of related policy development Globally relevant to company's activities.
- To provide guidance, advice on product developments and approval on marketing claims and marketing materials Globally.
- Review and participate in the negotiation review and approval of material contracts. To proactively ensure compliance in all areas of laws and contractual agreements and have preventive measures in place. To ensure legality of all significant contracts entered into by the company in particular with regard to third party contractors, distributors, purchasing, employment, compensation etc.
- To advise on employment related issues e.g. termination, severance, mutual separation, outsourcing arrangements, employment templates.
- To participate in negotiation and advice and be involved in preparation of documentation for mergers, disposals, restructures, strategic alliances, acquisitions of companies (if any).
- To participate, assist and liaise with corporate functional departments on key technical service fee agreements, professional consultancy/services agreements, licensing and assignments as well as in dealing with third parties in matters of conflict and settlement.
- To be actively involved in managing potential litigation and ensure that company's interest is protected. To advise and assist the business partners in negotiations with third parties and to assist as appropriate in concluding settlements.
- To work with external counsel to manage IP enforcement programs Globally including raids & also work with corporate legal groups in the global legal function such as the IP COE, Employment COE.
- To ensure that all material legal and compliance related issues are approved by in accordance with company's policies and guidelines. Has a Company Secretary of the Group and ensure company and corporate governance of the operations of the Organization.
- Development and maintenance of relationships with relevant external contacts and organizations (e.g. external lawyers, lawyers of key customers/competitors, governmental organizations, regulators, trade / industry associations, external bodies etc.). Identifying work to be outsourced, selection and management of external lawyers, their fee arrangements and service levels. When the event requires the appointment of external lawyers, to instruct external lawyers, manage and liaise with them.
- To work with Compliance & Ethics Leader to drive compliance Globally including driving compliance trainings and initiatives.
- To develop and have training programs for non-legal functions on contractual, intellectual property, marketing law issues, where necessary.
- Establishing a strong business partnership based on trust.
- Providing support to supply chain and the Mills.
Qualification And Experience:
1. FCS & Law Degree from recognized university with 25+ years of post-qualification experience with an Industrial Conglomerate or MNC (in-house), preferably both.
2. Experience providing legal counsel on a wide variety of corporate/commercial matters. Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
3. Initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to problems
4. Ability to lead the team and also as part of a diverse team
5. Strong drive and commitment to deliver results
6. Strong compliance/commercial experience.
7. Highest ethical standards, promote ethical behavior and high professional integrity
8. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills
9. Ability to think strategically, take strategic risks and make tough decisions
10. Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse multicultural team
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
Mobile : 9873663105
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.