Founder & CEO at Talenture Management Consulting
Views:447 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Executive Assistant To Managing Director - Home Automation Firm (2-3 yrs)
The role is a part of the MD's office and the incumbent will work closely with the MD for conducting and managing all matters arising out of the MD's role. This role would consist primarily of running affairs pertaining to the MD's office and representing the MD on various internal and external forums (to the extent of taking decisions on his behalf), coordinating critical initiatives/projects, or even spearheading them. This is a senior level appointment in the group and is part of the top management cadre. It is a sensitive role which needs a mature leader with right stature and business/organization exposure.
The incumbent must:
- Work closely with all the other Function Heads and deal with multifarious subjects that come up for MD's decision, review etc.
- Have thorough understanding of the business and all its related strategic, financial, operational and developmental aspects and in turn should help the MD to take - go- or - no go- decision.
- Must also take some decisions on MD behalf within delegated power.
- Work on diverse finance & coordination functions and assist the CEO in Business, Investments & Financial Planning & Analysis including Financial Modelling, Due Diligence and Treasury Management and Performance Analysis of Industry Peers / New business opportunities
- Prepare MIS Reports & analytical study of various financial reports viz. projected profitability statement, periodic financial report.
- Develop project deliverable (presentations, status updates) that help shaping the firm's strategy by performing analysis to deliver relevant and insightful management information, as well as assist in business planning and development.
- Prepare and review Profitability Reports and Variance analysis with estimates and projections.
- Monitor project progress & budgets.
- Assist the MD in tracking the key business parameters of the business.
- Manage and ensure execution of specific assignments / projects initiated by the MD.
- Interact and build relationships with industry consultants to ensure quick information availability.
- Ensure strategic initiatives are driven across the organization and key projects are tracked and monitored.
- Coordinate Finance meetings for Strategic issues & follow-up on the decided actions.
- Interact with stakeholders, external agencies, consultants on behalf of the MD.
- Help the MD in determining and evaluation of Balance Score card of all the Business Heads of all the sectors.
Project related competencies
- Quickly understand the business issues and challenges of organization and industry.
- Understand the strategic, financial, operational and developmental aspects of a business.
- Monitor and control existing and new Business Plans
- Identify organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Help in informed decision-making.
- Assist in the facilitation of team meetings.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Identify critical issues with ease.
- Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and mindsets.
- Display a positive attitude & generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Proactively seek opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
- Develop relationships with personnel from all stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers in the organization.
- Single point of contact for all organization-related matters.
- Conduct effective progress evaluations in a timely manner.
- Seek and participate in development opportunities above and beyond training
- Be present in all key meetings and represent the MD in his absence in the meetings, business reviews, critical initiatives reviews, policy discussions etc.
- Coordinate and drive few strategic initiatives independently.
- Communicate decisions and issues on MD behalf including handling sensitive matters.
- Be involved and play a key role in success of all key projects/issues being driven for CEO's office.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
All communication will flow through EA and be re-directed to concerned departments/staff and only issues that require MD attention will be escalated.
Desired Candidate Profile
- MBA Finance/Operations with 2 years of experience in financial analysis, MIS, business analysis of projects / products / financial services as an Executive Assistant to a MD / CEO / Functional Head.
- Operational Efficiencies
- Time Utilization
- Analytical Skills
- Relationship Building, Strategic Vision and Project Planning, Presentation Skills
- Management Collaboration, Attention to detail, Budget & Cost control
- Ability to handle responsibilities with poise, ease and confidence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ensure that relevant stakeholders are kept apprised of project progress and challenges, while ensuring that the level of detail is appropriate for each audience.
- Equally capable of handling large, complex projects, as well as multitasking across a number of smaller ones, adapting management style to fit the situation.
- Fluent in MS Office