Manager - Talent Acquisition at V-Konnect Associates
Views:288 Applications:81 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Events Director - Tourism (8-20 yrs)
- Develop and drive in-market events strategy, including creating an annual events plan, organising and managing events, budget allocation and management, KPI/ROI setting, ideation and curated program building, attracting high caliber, best-in-class events to the destination, event organization and execution.
- Proactively collaborate with Destination Tourism Development & MICE, Destination Marketing & Communications team and Strategy team to align events strategy with overall commercial vision and company's strategic goals.
- Identify opportunities to expand organisation's event portfolio, including creating new events and partnerships.
- Research and glean insights from industry experts on the global events landscape in order to provide CEO and Executive Board with actionable intelligence.
- Drive, where applicable, sponsorship of events through the identification of potential sponsors, developing a pitch deck and effectively presenting to sponsors.
- Reinforce and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes for the seamless functioning of all in-market events.
- Manage events logistics and maintain robust working relationships with international and local event organizers, ticketing suppliers, etc.. to ensure the seamless delivery of events.
- Work with local authorities and other government authorities where needed, including but not limited to RAK Police, municipality and public works.
- Work closely with the procurement department on creating a viable vendor list for project deliverables that meet quality standards.
- Conduct post event debriefs and produce reports that highlight event KPIs/metrics, highlights and key learnings.
Manage the RFP/RFQ process, including but not limited to the following:
- Agency/vendor selection for pitches
- Thorough and demonstrable (measurable) scope of work
- Proposal review and pitch meetings
- Induction and on-site visitation and onboarding, tools and SOPs
- Monitor trends and best practices in event management and adapt strategies to ensure events remain relevant in rapidly changing environment.
Desirable Skills :
- University degree in commerce, business administration, tourism management or hospitality
- 8 - 10 years of working experience in events and/or MICE.
- Practical experience in high profile events example and not limited to Expo Dubai, World Cup Qatar, large scale conferences is an asset.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.