Head - Partnership at Map My Talent Consulting
Views:1249 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:116
Event Manager - Advertising Firm (6-7 yrs)
The ideal candidate would be a Post Graduate, with over 6-7 years of experience in handling events and communications. The candidate should be self-driven, an out of the box thinker and a highly motivated team player.
- Experience in organizing B2B industry events.
- Extremely strong writing and content skills.
- Ability to leverage technology for effective communication to all stakeholders.
- Very strong communication skills, critical thinking and analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills and team work
- Knowledge and ability to leverage Social Media through effective use of Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social networks and forums
- Experience or Knowledge of the IT industry
Essentially, the role will include:
- Event Agenda Development
- Liaise with speakers
- Liaise with vendors
- Develop marketing collateral
- Market the event i.e. coordinate on delegate sales
- Analyse research and using critical thinking to develop conference programs that meet the stated needs of the market
- Conduct telephone, web based and in person research within a target market to develop conference agenda
- Identify, invite and confirm appropriate speakers for conferences
- Meet established deadlines
- Write marketing copy for promoting conferences (includes mailers, website including updates and other mailing pieces)
- Conduct ongoing research within an assigned area to further industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas
- Establish and maintain relationships with key professionals, industry leaders and senior executives within relevant market verticals
- Develop a senior advisory network on each event
- Service clients/speakers in a professional, service-oriented manner during execution of daily work and onsite at conferences
- Attend and oversee conferences, including providing speaker assistance and support
- Provide the sponsorship team with strategic information on potential sponsorship opportunities.
- Work with and support a cross-functional team on an ongoing basis to ensure successful delegate marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Ensure that all projects are tracked against budget and spend reported.
- Oversee all assigned events and projects ensuring close alignment with stakeholders and high quality, fit for purpose output.
- Plan for a post-conference Internal report
- Assist in any logistics planning, pre-event logistics management (including printing of collateral, procurement of delegate bags etc.), as well as onsite and post-event logistics
- To be experienced in using project management tools.
- Engage in the relevant social media
- Relevant database management
- Additional duties may be assigned and key responsibilities modified from time to time to accommodate changing circumstances and needs