Evalueserve - Senior Research Associate - Index Research/Index Development (2-6 yrs)
Evalueserve is a global professional services provider offering research, analytics, and data management services. We're powered by mind+machineTM - a unique combination of human expertise and best-inclass technologies that use smart algorithms to simplify key tasks. This approach enables us to design and manage processes that can generate and harness insights on a large scale, significantly cutting costs and timescales and helping businesses that partner with us to overtake the competition.
- We work with clients across a wide range of industries and business functions, helping them to make better decisions faster; reach new levels of efficiency and effectiveness; and see a tangible impact on their top and bottom line.
Project Description :
Department : Financial Services - Quant Finance
Nature of Job : Permanent
Location : Gurgaon
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Job Description :
- Support the client teams (structuring/ trading/index operations) in implementing, back- testing and idea generation of new indices/strategies.
- Developing & Maintaining existing indices of various asset classes including Fixed Income, Equity, FX, Commodities, and Interest Rates
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly rebalancing of index constituents.
- Knowledge of factors affecting constituent selection and index rebalancing a must. For e.g. Knowledge of corporate actions and how they affect index rebalancing is needed
- Building models from scratch for new or existing back-testing in Excel/VBA/MATLAB.
- Responding to ad-hoc client requests
- Collaboration/interaction with team members (onshore & offshore) sitting in different locations and different time zones while working on various projects.
Skill Set Required :
- 2 - 4 years of experience in index development and maintenance.
- Very strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel, VBA/ MATLAB, SQL (Advanced Excel and VBA is required)
- Familiarity with market data providers like Bloomberg and Reuters is required
- Keen interest in quantitative finance, understanding of global economy and fundamental factors affecting valuation of various asset classes.
- Managing/Collaborating with team members sitting in different locations
- Should be comfortable in interacting with international clients
- Ability to identify and solve issues effectively on time, eye for details
Education and Experience :
MBA/CFA, FRM charter holder or progress towards/Masters in Statistics, Math's or Economics/M.Phil/M.Tech./B.Tech with experience in a similar function