Evalueserve - Research Associate - Macro/Interest Rate Strategy - IIT/BITS/NIT (1-6 yrs)
- B. Tech from IIT or any other reputed Engineering Institutes (Mandatory)
- This is a strategy role for one of the top US based investment banks on the street. The global macro/interest rates team provides market leading coverage on Global rates/FX markets.
- The research associate will work with rates strategists based in NY to help publishing daily datapacks, managing, troubleshooting, and building spreadsheet models, managing team's Bloomberg indices, implementing quantitative analytical models, back-testing strategies, analyse large amounts of data, and identify investment strategies/trade ideas.
- The role requires working knowledge of rates products (especially nominal treasury bonds, TIPS, swaps, options), spreadsheet modelling skills, troubleshooting the in-house VBA based models for errors, inclination towards data crunching, capacity to summarize large pieces of information and to generate models/analytics independently. Typical projects may include tracking rates/inflation markets, building regression/PCA based models, automation of tasks using VBA and advanced excel, writing sections of research periodicals while creating/updating charts and tables, ideating investment strategies or identifying themes supportive of/contributing to team's investment thesis.
Role Requirements :
- 1-4 years of Financial/ Industry experience in macro products (Rates/FX).
- Strong academic record, quantitative skills and an interest in and understanding of financial markets.
- Any progress towards CFA/FRM/CQF will be an added advantage.
Knowledge/Skills Required :
- Proficiency in Advanced Excel/VBA/Spreadsheet Modelling.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple linear regression/statistical techniques/PCA will be a plus.
- Knowledge of fixed income rates products like futures, treasury and TIPS bonds, IR swaps, IR options/derivatives will be an added advantage.
- Any experience in Bloomberg/Haver or dealing with large data sets, building and troubleshooting spreadsheet financial models involving VBA will be a significant advantage.
- Ability to explain and defend complex methodologies on client calls or in emails.
Interpersonal and other skills :
- Must be extremely detail oriented, with a zero tolerance for error.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Dedication towards work with a learning attitude and pro-activeness.
- Team player, Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Flexible approach to workload and work hours as per team's requirements.
- Must be proactive and take strong interest in learning about financial market.