Evalueserve - Group Manager - Patent Search (7-12 yrs)
Group Manager - Patent Search
Skill sets required :
- Knowledge of structure and reaction search (including structure drawing tool (e.g. STN) and databases hosted by STN - Registry, Marpat, CASReact, Insight, Embase, Medline, etc.)
- Organizing, analyzing, and summarizing data and information using appropriate and novel analytical methodologies and frameworks
- Strong analytical skills with thorough understanding of the technology domain.
- Good written and spoken English communication.
- Responsible attitude and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Well developed interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Prior experience in patent research projects and client management.
- Training delivery and content preparation.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Knowledge of IP laws of various countries, various patent databases, and technical domains with respect to educational background.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Any certifications of additional courses or trainings taken would be beneficial.
- Patent Research Training: Create and deliver various training modules on patent research services/ patent laws.
- Patent Research Projects: Patent Analytics & Analyse patents in a particular domain to highlight the R&D trends, evolutions, alternatives and competitive intelligence in various technology domains. Techno-commercial Analysis & Research based on patents, scientific literature and products in a particular technology domain to generate insights into the value of the technology, IP protection and overlap between the products and patents.
- Patent Searching & Understand the technology of and conduct searches on various databases to ascertain the novelty/uniqueness of the idea/technology.
- Client communication and ensuring client expectations are met through the deliverables and value added insights.
- Conducting structure-based, keyword-based and assignee-based searches on databases via STN
- Conducting various types and levels of studies in Competitive Intelligence, Prior Art Searching, FTO, Invalidity/ Validity, Landscape, Patent Expiry calculations, Partner Scouting, etc.
Client Management :
- Client engagement and mining:
- Handle key client accounts independently.
- Responsible for overall quality and delivery of project reports.
- Maintaining productivity and utilization data for the team.
Sales support :
- Help global sales executives in sales support initiatives.
- Willingness to travel onshore for client meetings, workshops, or sales activities.
- Preparing sales deck for attracting potential Clients
Qualification required : Masters (M.Tech/ M.Sc./ M. Pharm.) or Ph.D - Pharmaceuticals/ Biological Sciences/ Medicinal Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Mechanical/Automobile/Electronics/Chemical