etrade Online - Business Head/Category Head (6-9 yrs)
Job Description: Category Head (Business Head) - eCommerce
Founded with the vision of becoming the largest e-commerce aggregator in India, over the years, eTrade has successfully established itself as a market leader in the industry and has carved a niche for itself in the e-commerce space.
eTrade is the leader in six categories on Amazon.in ecosystem including some key categories like Home, Auto, L&G, Pets, Amazon Devices and Private Labels (Solimo & Basics). We have over 500 partners including large conglomerates like Bosch, Stanley Black & Decker, Philips, P&G, Godrej, Mars, Drools, Reckitt Benckiser, Wipro, Eicher & many more.
The company's core business revolves around technology, logistics, inventory management, and brand nurturing thereby elevating consumer-leading brands to their full potential.
We aim to be the preferred partner for an Indian customer looking for the highest quality products and be available at every consumer touch-point making us their most recognized & trusted e-commerce aggregator partner in India with ambitious plans to enter international markets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- P&L owner for the category - Managing budget development and revenue for the category.
- Analyzing data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends regarding the product and category.
- Creating and developing a strategic long-term plan for the development of the category.
- Overseeing a team of vendor managers, analysts and other support staff.
- Building and driving relationships with CEO's and national heads of key vendors to improve pricing and quality of services.
- Becoming a leader in category ranging, pricing and promotions across platforms.
- Planning appropriate orders to ensure product availability meets demand.
- Owning customer experience metrics and data quality.
- Identify defects and develop scalable processes to address them.
- Weekly and monthly tracking of category metrics to monitor goals and dive deep, where needed, to drive continuous improvement.
- Process development and operational planning to support forecasting and new launches.
- Influencing executive decision-makers, helping them to understand the brand, desired product positioning, key points of difference and target customer.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 6+ years of experience in category management or related field.
- An analytical mind with strategic ability. Ability to analyze and develop accurate conclusions to support category decisions based on key data.
- Strong knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles.
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills.
- An understanding of the market and consumer insights and trends.
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills to manage and influence at all levels of the company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel with a good understanding of numbers.
- Previous experience in category management is a plus.
- A Master's degree especially from IIM, ISB, XLRI, MDI, IMP, SP Jain, IMT Ghaziabad, Great Lakes and other top tier B-schools will be preferred.
- Experience in Consumer-facing sectors such as E-commerce, Retail and FMCG is preferred.