Talent Advisor at Ericsson
Views:136 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:7
Ericsson - Platform Architect - AI Platform (10-15 yrs)
- Ericsson is world's leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
- Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet's greatest challenges.
- We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
- It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G networks with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
- We do rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical models, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems.
- Ericsson is now looking for Senior Software Engineer - AI Platform to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our groups in Chennai and Bangalore.
- Do you have in depth understanding of building AI Platforms?
- Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real complex problems?
- Then, you do want to join Ericsson's global team of Engineers pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large scale systems and services.
- As a PlatformArchitect - AI Platforms, you will build and deploy AI/ML Services and Systems, enabling AI Applications Development and Production deployment with focus on scaling, monitoring and performance.
- The AI Platform unit is designing, engineering, operating, and maintaining a core system that delivers AI/ML Services and Systems, e.g. CI/CD, data exploration notebooks (Jupyter), ML model development and deployment, workflow engines, and ML frameworks (i.e. TensorFlow) for easy consumption by Ericsson products and services.
- The AI Platform covers infrastructure capacity and tools for all AI/ML project and system needs within GAIA. The main approach is to integrate/extend existing private and public cloud infrastructures and to base the toolbox components on open source software. The deployed environments are heterogeneous, so multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud, and WAN networking are also key technology areas.
- In this role, you are expected to be a very hands-on leader, functioning as an individual contributor, as well as leading others.
1. Develop/integrate/automate a core AI/ML software environment, in close collaboration with data scientist and product developers
2. Operationalize and extend open source software components, covering the entire ML model life-cycle, including e.g. data transformation, model development, deployment, monitoring, re-training, security.
3. Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize a platform for machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing code, workflows and documents
4. Work with GAIA projects and development teams to identify needs and requirements for AI/ML tools and infrastructure resources.
5. Evaluate and plan capacity of CPU, GPU, memory, storage, and networking resources to balance cost versus desired productivity and performance
6. Develop essential automation scripts and tooling to help quality assurance, maintenance, migration, and cost-control of infrastructure deployments.
7. Manage communication, planning, collaboration and feedback loops with business stakeholders.
8. Model the business problem statement into AI/ML problem.
9. Contribute to IPR creation for Ericsson in AI/ML
10. Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson businesses and for strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
11. Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
12. Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
13. Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
- Applied experience: 5+ years of experience with infrastructure, platforms, networking, and software systems; 3+ years of experience with leading teams of engineers and system administrators; and an overall industry experience of about 10+ years.
- Experience with data analytics and AI/ML systems, for example, Spark, Jupyter, Tensorflow
- Experience with large scale systems, for example reliability/HA, deployment, operations, testing, and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with delivering software products, for example release management, documentation
- Experience with usage/integration of public cloud services, for example, identity and access management, key management, storage systems, CPU/GPU, private/virtual networking, and Kubernetes services.
- Experience with modern distributed systems and tooling, for example, Prometheus, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault, CI/CD systems.
- Experience with WAN networking solutions, redundancy/fail-over, QoS, and VPN technologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code and SRE ways-of-working
- Strong system administration skills, Linux and Windows
- Awareness of ITIL/ITSM methodologies for operations and service delivery