Equity Research - Emerging Markets (2-4 yrs)
Equity research Associate - Emerging Markets Fund
Work Experience: 2+ years of equity research experience in either sell side or buy side
Education – CFA (cleared level II)/CA rank holder/MBA from tier 1 B-school
The candidate should be able to:
a) Construct financial models in excel on companies in a variety of industries – In-depth knowledge on Financial modeling, Accounting and Excel. A successful candidate will have the ability to construct models with detailed and sophisticated revenue and cost structure builds.
b) Analyze investment ideas, identify key issues for basing the investment thesis and ascertain potential upside and downside scenarios
c) Communicate effectively - Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note: As a part of our interview process we might ask you to construct several detailed models on companies we have already analyzed.
- We are looking for an associate to be based in Delhi and work with our investment teams in Delhi and New York. You will be collaborating with the Analysts and the Portfolio Manager to evaluate companies and source ideas, primarily in global emerging markets.
- Selected candidate will spend majority of his/her time on covering/helping the Analyst cover equities in emerging markets.
- Our mandate is global and we will invest wherever we see the most compelling risk adjusted returns. Every investment opportunity is different but we are fundamental "deep dive" value and GARP investors.
More about our fund:
- We are a mid-sized private global fund with a focus on emerging and frontier markets.
- We invest across the capital structure in public equity and debt securities worldwide.
- We were originally established in 2008 and have a top quartile track record since inception.
- We are patient investors with a long term time horizon.
- Members of the current investment team have attended top flight academic institutions and previously
worked in Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Bear Stearns, CRISIL and other major firms.
To be a successful member of our team you should also:
1) Be extremely self-motivated and intellectually curious and have the ability to work independently. Members of our team work hard because we enjoy what we do and we are looking for the same passion.
2) Understand businesses at a very granular level and not just be focused on the numbers.
3) Compose written investment theses which give voice and context to the investment.
As part of this application process, in addition to your resume please consider including an investment idea as well as relevant supporting materials (models, etc). This is an optional submission.
Please Direct correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention education qualification and equity research experience in the subject.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.