Views:5756 Applications:417 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:387
Equity Research Analyst - Investment Team - BFSI (2-4 yrs)
Role: Equity Research Analyst, Investment Team (Location: Bangalore)
As an Analyst, you will be a part of the Investment Team and will support the overall investment process. In the course of discharging your responsibilities you will be primarily responsible for the conduct of high quality primary and secondary research to support the investment leaders in developing investment themes. In addition, you will support the investment leaders in identifying target opportunities and assisting them in the diligence of the identified targets and consummation of the investment related processes as delegated to you by the investment leads. You will also support the investment leaders in the monitoring of the portfolio companies post investment.
It is expected that you will spend majority of your time conducting research and supporting minority, significant minority and control investments (as the case maybe) in the Food and Agriculture, Financial Services and Infrastructure Support Services segment. Since the investment management process will include work related to research and execution of investments, you will ensure that your time is judiciously distributed across research and execution.
- Strong academic credentials. Between 2-4 years of relevant business experience. Exposure to financial reporting, financial analysis, market and industry research, valuations and financial modeling, is required;
- Report writing, good business communication and presentation skills is imperative;
- Analytical, research and valuation skills, including the ability to analyze company reports, sector data, economics and relevant political events;
- Ability to work on multiple deals across sectors and to stick to internal deadlines;
- An active interest in investing in Small and medium businesses;
- Develop sector and sub-segment investment research thesis to help the team identify relevant transactions;
- Study business models and financial accounts in details of public and private companies operating in sectors of interest to the fund;
- Conduct, research, analyze and evaluate a combination of industry, investment environment, competitive and valuation analysis for target transaction areas;
- Work with and assist the investment leaders in identifying and processing new investment opportunities within the identified sectors, ranging from market assessment, competitive positioning, to initial underwriting (including publishing investment memorandums and detailed financial models);
- Work with and assist the investment leaders in diligence efforts on identified deals, including business diligence, risk underwriting, and managing external advisors;
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support transaction negotiations;
- Assist the investment leaders in engaging with portfolio companies to deliver the investment thesis;
- Draft monthly and quarterly portfolio updates for the investment committee;
- Assist the investment team in the quarterly valuation process and preparation of investor reports;
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.