People Team at epifi Technologies
Views:178 Applications:53 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
epiFi - Analyst - Fraud Risk Analytics (3-5 yrs)
Who we are: Simply put, a neo-banking startup for digital natives. Our mission is to help our users demystify their finances, maximize their savings, borrow efficiently and spend intelligently. We have built a highly secure hub, a savings account that allows you to consolidate your finances in a single intuitive view.
Who we are looking for: Exceptional, innovative people! Passionate about delightful user experiences, clear about doing the right thing and hungry to impact millions of lives.
Why you should work with us: We are about doing the right thing always, both for our team and users. We are a positive, transparent and inclusive community celebrating success together, encouraging bias for action and individual brilliance. We are ambitious and want everyone to think - impact and growth. Our office is not just fun, it is human, nimble and business-like.
With rich experience in the world's leading tech companies and banks, we deeply and equally understand both the fin and tech in fintech. Funded by leading global VCs, we are in pursuit of a fantastic experience for both our consumers and colleagues.
How is analytics different at Fi:
- Starting with the founding team, we're a data-oriented tribe that believes deeply in the craft of analytics. We look at Analytics as both art and science coming together to create impact.
- We have a structured approach to analytics enabling our analysts to index on building comprehensive and forward-thinking solutions rather than solving one problem at a time.
- Analysts gain experience across product, tech and business. The analytics journey begins when product or business looks for guidance.
- We are constantly working to build frameworks of problem solving in addition to building in-house capabilities through tools and automation.
- Analysts work on a rich data ecosystem, supported by a full-fledged Data Engineering team that collaborates with analysts to build high-performance solutions, think Data 'Products'.
- Analysts are sought after by teams across functions for their insights to help shape product and user experience.
- Analysts take end-to-end ownership of projects, from building visibility on various metrics to achieving business outcomes.
- We aspire to be the most fun and impact-making team within the organization through our thought leadership, actions and communication.
What this role is about:
Fraud risk analyst who provides the critical inputs to all the three decision centers forming the fraud risk management unit - Intelligence (Data Science, Analytics), Operations (Processes, SOPs), Tech (Product, Engineering).
Responsibilities include the following where you will:
- Develop, implement and monitor fraud risk alerts
- Collaborate, develop and validate the DS models embedded in the fraud risk monitoring.
- Set up robust tracking and early warning systems & controls
- Work with product and tech team to provide insights to help shape product and user experience from a fraud risk lens
- Keep abreast of the latest MOs in the market and formulate the data based identification and resolution of the same.
Some ideal things to have for applying for this role:
- A keen interest in financial services and a passion for shipping high-quality consumer-facing products.
- A passion for analytics, a love of what it is - bold, curious, energetic and constantly demanding that you expand your skill set.
- Strong in first principle-thinking and experience in applying analytics to real-life business problems
- Past experience working in fraud risk area under the confluence of data, tech and ops. We are open to a range of 1-5 years.
- A solid understanding of model development through scorecards in acquisition, behavior or collections.
- Can maintain a clear style of communication and an effective storyteller with the ability to connect the dots and explain the crux of a situation to the stakeholders.
- Ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables while working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience with one or more data programming languages (Python, R) with a strong SQL background.
- One or more visualization tool (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, D3.Js)
We would also love to see:
- A passion where compounding is shown (need not be only career-related), participation in crowd source challenges, explorer side of life outside the world of data.
- Belief and comprehension about the power of analytics as not just a support function but also as an enabling charter that deserves a front seat vision
- Interesting hobby projects, open-source contributions, etc
- Sharing of knowledge - via either formal mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design documents, providing technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects
Selection process logistics & timelines :
Once we receive your application, our talent team will review and reach out if we find the profile/portfolio suited for the current requirements. Here's what you can expect as the next steps:
At least 3-5 rounds of discussions with our team in the Data Science & analytics, Tech or Strategy team & founding teams.
Expect at least 3 rounds to assess your articulation & communication, general aptitude, attitude and a team fit.
Timelines : In the last year, we have seen that the entire process takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks. We will keep you posted on the process at every step of the way.
We aspire to create an inclusive culture of diverse people not just because it's the right thing to do but because heterogeneity inspires us and is more fun! We employ people solely on merit and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.