Director at Athos Consulting
Views:3948 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Engineering Manager - Python - Internet/Online (8-14 yrs)
WHAT YOU'LL DO :
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- Document best practices and act as a knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and problem solving.
- Work with industry partners and clients cross functionally to ensure alignment and collaboration.
- Bring an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to the team.
- Be part of a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
WHAT WE- RE LOOKING FOR :
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, C++ or Java.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation, capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty".
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills that will be needed to showcase the work the team is doing, or outlining the strategies being employed to move the engineering forward.
- Strong negotiating skills needed to communicate and collaborate with partner teams.
BONUS POINTS :
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Raft, etc).
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric encryption (pub/priv key), symmetric encryption, and hash functions.
- Experience contributing meaningfully to one or more Open Source projects.
- Startup experience is a nice-to-have.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.