Managing Consultant at HR Avenues
Views:15030 Applications:285 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Engineering Manager/Function Head - FMCG (15-18 yrs)
We are working towards short-listing potential candidates for stated role with a leading MNC client. The organization is one of the leading player in the area of Business and a market leader in many markets.
Responsible for Planning, directing and managing the engineering operation :
- Provide focus and leadership for a total equipment management process.
- To ensure maximum efficiency from all equipment and services by means of preventative maintenance and continuous improvements and modifications to equipment and methods.
- Responsible for complying with all statutory regulations.
Indicative Responsibilities :
- Ensuring the maximum efficiency from all equipment and services by means of preventative maintenance
- Acting on own authority and initiative on day to day maintenance and repairs
- Continues Improvements to all equipment (mechanical and electrical), processes and buildings
- Execution of all plant engineering projects from the start to completion. All equipment must be running at the agreed production rate to the standard required before handing to manufacturing
- Reviewing manufacturing performance to enable experience and knowledge of equipment to be used for modification of current and future equipment
- Keeping abreast of any new equipment or processes that are relative to our particular industry
- Controlling all engineering costs within agreed budget costs and strive for reduction of operating costs
- Compiling budgets for capital projects and engineering expense
- Ensure that training & development for engineering staff are put into effect and continuously reviewed, revised and maintained
- The contents of this document are not definitive and may change over time in accordance with the changing needs of the business
Minimum requirement for this position :
- Degree in Engineering/Technical discipline preferably with post-graduate qualification (MBA /equivalent)
- 15-18 years of relevant post qualification experience
- A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process
- Successful track record in man management in combination with proven record of task achievement
- Problem solving & total quality skills
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacture technique - SMED, Kaizen 5S, Kanban,Structured Problem Solving, TPM/OEE, SPC, 6 Sigma etc.
- A management style heavily orientated to training and coaching
- Good computer skills - ability to manage via computerized data
- Fluent English
Well known Multinational Organisation.
Location : Near Chennai
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.