Engineering Manager - FinTech Firm (6-8 yrs)
What will you do?
- We have a complex stack and use a lot of technologies (so learning curve is steep) - Nginx + tomcat + MongoDB + MySQL + Memcache + node.js + Faye + rabbitmq + java + j2ee + Android + Couchbase+ NoSql + Zookeeper + Jenkins + Chef
- Get to work with smart and passionate people
- Build something of lasting impact
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and various services of organizations.
- You will be responsible for leading top-end engineers to build and deliver a high-quality product.
- Work with the Director of Engineering, PM and Business to develop a long-term product plan, product and manage the release planning cycles for the product.
- You will coach and motivate your team to ensure high productivity and teamwork, and help each individual achieve his potential.
- 6-8 years of experience managing and growing a high-performing software engineering team.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills for complex and large scale problems.
- Technical Breadth - Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills with the ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise and improve coding standards across large codebases.
- Deep knowledge, understanding, and experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls and use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Experience and expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to complete product development cycles - From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures - should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles.
- Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.