Engineering Manager - Big Data - SaaS Internet (10-15 yrs)
About Company : The #1 Automated Communication and Engagement Platform Built for Enterprise Recruiting
Funding: Series B | US$13.5 M
Role: Engineering Manager, Data Team
Location: BENGALURU, Karnataka, India
Having Tech team in India and US
Founded in 2015
HQ: San Francisco
We are funded by Accel, GV, Khosla Ventures, Signia Ventures and IDG SF. We are based in San Francisco.
We care deeply about the success of our customers and strive to help them achieve their goals in inspiring and engaging with their workforce. Seeking an Engineering Manager to deliver our contractor communication platform to the world's best places to work. Company is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company.
- You shall lead, manage and hire a team of talented engineers.
- Collaborating with your team, you will craft a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs while being pragmatic about what's needed today.
- You will have practical exposure of being a technical contributor and mentor for your team. While most of your focus will be on people management, you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do actual technical work when appropriate.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering team.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- You will work with other engineering managers and functional leads to set direction and ambitious goals for your team, Engineering, and Sense as a whole.
- 10+ years of programming experience in Python, Java, Ruby or other language.
- Experience with managing production systems in AWS cloud platform.
- Have solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Expertise with database development skills including SQL.
- Experience in working with technologies like Apache Kafka, Spark, or other streaming technologies is a plus.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- First hand practical experience with various ETL technologies and familiar with ETL tools.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills. BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.