Co-Founder at Confidential
Views:1512 Applications:236 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Engineering & Location Head - Java - IT (11-22 yrs)
The Enterprise IT applications team offers an opportunity to shape and drive digital transformation to improve travel productivity and experience. Our team builds, deploys, and operates enterprise applications including Ticketing System, Travel management and related software's for our esteemed clients. This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about building systems that continuously delivering values and delightful experiences to our colleagues.
We are seeking an experienced business-savvy engineering manager to build, manage and drive the enterprise system team. You will be leading a team of highly motivated software developers and product owners that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions.
We have an office in Bangalore and you will be setting up the entire Coimbatore office and based on the performance we can consider this as a Co-Founder role with shares.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
- Define Product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Led projects to design and implement high-quality, testable, maintainable, optimal, and production-grade software.
- You will be involved in roadmap planning, design, and development of scalable software. You will participate in all phases of the software development cycle.
- Align technology roadmap to business roadmap with measurable business outcomes and establish business alignment
- You will be leading an agile team, review the design approaches with the team, plan and schedule various development tasks by closely working with teams, resolve issues/ conflicts and own the quality of the system developed.
- Transform the organization and the software development process from delivering software only to delivering enterprise software and cloud services.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Manage a high-performing core engineering team of individual contributors that are deeply technical, dynamic, agile, dedicated, and innovative.
- Exceptional development and hands-on with Java 8 and related frameworks like Springs, Hibernate or Springboot
- Understand the technical domain and ability to understand, and share architectural and technical guidance on the full stack of Java and DevOps
- You will implement and improve processes around DevOps, Agile, and CI/CD
- Actively facilitate capability standardization and platform simplification with reduced risks.
- Architectural oversight to critical capabilities to ensure future scalability & flexibility.
- Building strong partnership and alignment with Product Management, PMO, and core business teams
- Advocate for the team by moving decisions forward and eliminating blockers
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months, you will work toward completing?
- Success in the role is defined by the ability to lead, grow and motivate the development teams.
- A subject matter expert develops a solid understand of the product and lead the development in all aspects and taking the product to the next generation architecture.
- Having significant latitude in performing technical work, establish a reputation of leadership within a team, and demonstrates influence within their area of expertise
- You will have to collaboratively work across other teams, handle the interactions with product management, UI team, and other groups, internal and external to company, to define and deliver the required solutions and participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, testing, debugging and performance tuning.
- Build and manage team Hands-on engagement reviewing, Architecture & design specs, code, test strategy
Leading engineering design and development efforts including providing guidance to several teams building services, ensuring that the solution is delivered on time and with high quality
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.