Senior Consultant at HeadPro Consulting LLP
Views:1516 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Engineering Lead - Software Development (10-12 yrs)
Engineering Lead - For a leading MNC Company
This senior position works as a member of the Companies internal Software Development group directly supervising and supporting the software engineers on an Agile scrum team. Individuals in this role would also be responsible for defining the on-going technical roadmap for the software systems supported by the team and influencing the choice of technologies and frameworks implemented by the engineers. Systems developed are primarily enterprise-scale browser based or mobile applications developed with current Microsoft development languages and technologies, with a global user base and integration points with one or more other internal Company systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES :
- Support a scrum team developing and updating applications primarily using Microsoft development languages and technologies such as the .NET Framework, C#, MVC,
- Manage and supervise between 2-3 direct reports within the development team.
- These individuals are typically working on the team they directly support.
- Responsible for the individuals- PD and career development.
- Participate in hiring of developers/ engineering team members.
- Support the scrum team in backlog refinement and understanding requirements.
- Employ advanced understanding of product strategy to guide the team(s) and highlight technical implications of the product backlog and brings forward potential solutions.
- Support the Scrum Master in improving delivery metrics like Velocity, responsiveness, predictability, quality, etc.
- Advise business and technology partners on technology solutions leveraging emerging technologies and on mitigation of disruption risk.
- Ensure the proposed technical approaches meet the functional requirements and are in coordination with similar activities across the other Product scrum teams. Provide guidance to the scrum team determining the need for new technologies based on the product backlog.
- Prepare and maintain the long-term technology roadmap for the product based on the product vision. Work with the Product Owner, System Architect, Data Architect and engineering team members for its implementation.
- Support individual team members and provide technical input and mentorship to help the team deliver current work in the sprint. Assess and help them improve their engineering practices.
- Coach teams and individuals with their understanding of Agile Methodologies and
- Agile Practices improving their interactions and ensuring they have the right process and tools for their success.
- Promote practices which help with incremental delivery and continuous integration and remove any blockers from achieving incremental delivery.
- Provide technical leadership and facilitates cross-team communication across multiple product scrum teams.
- Support the team in the evaluation and selection process of the 3rd part components/libraries/ tools together with the Systems Architect and Data Architect.
- Lead the planning, testing and implementation of all production releases. Coordinate production releases between scrum teams across the product. Work with System
- Architect, Data Architect and engineering team members for the configuration and implementation of DevOps and Continues Integration.
- Encourages DevOps mindset within the engineering team and facilitates lean production, continuous integration and continuous deployment while working with the System Architect and engineering team members.
- Work with the Scrum Master to identify teaching and learning opportunities for their direct reports and help the scrum team members to be more T-Shaped.
- Provide ongoing support for applications already in use. This includes problem diagnosis and resolution, ad hoc reporting support and database administration.
- Provide frequent updates regarding development issues to the TSG leadership and other groups as appropriate. Participate in product level Steering Committee meetings as appropriate.
Skill set required:
- 10 to 12 years of experience in software development including work on all aspects of the development life cycle
- Solid understanding of Agile Methodology with experience in managing sprints/ scrums and user stories while using tools such as VSTS, Jira, etc
- Experience architecting applications and working on enterprise-wide systems
- Team leading experience on small to medium sized projects.
- Experience leading technical teams on small to medium size projects.
- Demonstrated record of strong performance in prior software development positions.
- Strong communication, time management and customer service skills.
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
Pankaja - 6362626779
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.