CEO at Consult ShekharPandey
Views:274 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Engineering Director - Product Development - Education/Media/Events Business (18-23 yrs)
Job description :
We are looking for a senior technical leader to build, manage and lead development and QA teams which are based in Bangalore, India. This position will report to Group CTO. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in building enterprise products, managing multiple teams and product lines with proven delivery.
Location: This role will be based out of Bangalore
The worlds leading media and events company in the higher education sector. Company has a global presence (offices are located in eight countries and events held in 60 countries) and has a loyal blue-chip- client base consisting of business schools, universities and corporate employers. A multi-cultural organization, with more than 25 languages spoken by our team members. We are known for our entrepreneurial spirit and actively encourage employees to initiate and develop ideas and share the rewards of our success. You should be comfortable with the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Lead the conceptualization, research and direction of the overall technology and architecture across the products.
- Ensure that the projects are delivered on time and with quality. Create and manage the Agile development process for the teams
- Build and manage a top class engineering team. Bangalore team is in early stage of growth. This role is expected to quickly build a world class team.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both the team members and the project peers/SMEs/Users
- Engineering/product development oversight, in addition to management and team oversight
- Ensure products meet design specifications, and adhere to standard coding and development practices
- Be at the heart of converting new concepts into product features by working closely with the development team
Qualification: Computer Science or Engineering degree from a premier institute. MBA from a premier institute will be a plus
Work Experience: 18+ Years of experience in product development
- Building and managing B2C oriented web and Saas based products. Solid understanding of scalability, modularity and significant experience in developing complex scalable solutions. Should have proven experience in managing distributed teams and have demonstrable delivery and project management experience.
- Experience in developing and maintaining enterprise-scale web solutions
- Past experience in web technology stacks. Experience in Analytics is an added advantage
- Experience from working in an agile development methodology
- Demonstrated ability of team building and delivery management
- Demonstrated experience in working with multiple stake holders and be overall responsible for delivery that meets business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in working with executive/Senior management
- Have results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence.
Core Leadership competencies :
A LEADER WHO INSPIRES - A leader whose language, imagery and use of story makes tomorrow come alive today. A leader whose passion to learn causes others to revisit their own learning habits. A leader who is personally inspired by the emerging challenge.
TEAM BUILDER/TEAM PLAYER - Has a background of building high performance teams. Establishes trust quickly. Deals with team issues quickly. Is quick to confront game playing and other behaviour that holds the team back
CONSTITUENCY BUILDER - Sensitive to the needs of others. Has an intuitive sense of who is important and how things get done by working with cross functional teams.
HUNGRY FOR RESULTS - Relentless. Driven. Delivers. Understands the organization's value drivers. Brings focus where it is needed. Balances the short and long-term.
Industry Type-IT-Software, Software Services
Functional Area-IT Software - QA & Testing
Employment Type-Full Time, Permanent
Role Category-Senior Management
UG :-B.Tech/B.E. in Computers
PG :-MBA/PGDM in Information Technology
Key Skills - Product development, Design specifications, Project management, Technology Architecture