Engineering Director - IT Product Development - Media (15-25 yrs)
Our client is a leading premium video-on-demand service for emerging markets with more than 9 million subscribers per quarter across nine countries. Through strategic partnerships with over 270 top studios around the world, our client brings to subscribers blockbuster Hollywood and regional movies, TV shows and music videos in more than 34 different languages.
Their Dynamic Adaptive TranscodingTM provides unbuffered viewing experience to consumers across all mobile devices and on any network. They are headquartered in San Jose, California and have a presence in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta and Bangkok. Their Culture Ignites Innovation (Smart People, Big Dreams, Fiery Passion, Fun and Engaging Journey) and defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. They are very focused on this as they are scaling rapidly.
The heartbeat of any technology and product company is the code that is written by their developers. Every piece of code is a piece of art, and we are looking for passionate artists who pride themselves on writing clean and beautiful code.
We offer a high-energy start-up culture, and colleagues who are curious, innovative and amongst the best in the industry. Who are we looking for ? We are looking for people who live, eat and breathe software delivery, for whom the biggest joy is predictable, quality release with stakeholder and consumer satisfaction. We are looking for people who will help us create world-class products, which will bring joy to a billion lives. If you are looking to create an impact, learn and grow, this is the place is for you. If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you!
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Should have overall 15+ years of Technology experience.
- Experience of Digital Assets Management System at scale to support millions of users
- Media content intelligent technology such as Machine Learning to empower the content discovery and presentation
- Understands B2C domain and Consumer Metrics
- Worked on Open Source Technology
- Good understanding of Automation Frameworks and Quality Metrics
- Evaluate and recommend tools (Build vs Buy), technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Experience working with APIs, REST and JSON.
- Experience with Agile tools - Jira/Trello, Git/BitBucket, Google Drive.
- Agile, continuous integration & delivery.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY :
Software Delivery :
- Understand and help create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Excellent Stakeholder Communication. Prior Exposure to Client facing role will be helpful.
- Proven ability to work closely with Business and Product Management.
- Hands-on experience managing multiple deliveries following Agile Process.
- Proficient in project initiation, planning, measuring and closing.
- Understand Delivery and Quality Metrics
Technology Backend :
- Expertise in both Back-End Tech Stack and its trending [Java, Micro services, cloud platform] and Front-End Stack [React JS, Angular, HTML, CSS]
- Follow DevOps best practices - develop, test, deploy & monitor.
- Use best practices for developing and executing high quality code.
- Document and deliver solutions by developing documentation, code comments and clean code.
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skill
App : (Experience Desired but not Mandatory)
- Expertise in App (Android or iOS) / Tablet development and related tech stack (API Management, REST, Security)
- Good understanding of Mobile UX
- Understands App Distributed architecture
- Understands App Analytics
- Experience in talent acquisition (hiring right talent), mentoring, motivating and managing them
- Should have managed atleast a team of 19 or more.
- Active Performance Management
- Effective Internal & External Communication