Director at Advait Associates
Views:2333 Applications:214 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Engagement Manager - CPG & Industrial Sector - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS/Ivy League (8-12 yrs)
Job Objective :
- As a Engagement Manager you will be closely working with the Senior Management Team to lead practice development including project delivery in the Growth domain, as well as solutioning and POC (proof of concept) development. You will need to collaborate with practice heads and VP-Operations to provide data-driven and analysis-rich deliverables deriving strategic insights as per the client requirements.
- Engagement Managers are expected to drive as well as assist with business development activities and provide thought leadership. Possess deep subject matter knowledge to lend additional credibility and add value at all stages and levels.
- In addition, you will be responsible for managing consulting team members as a career manager and be a key contributor to drive other organizational responsibilities.
Job Overview :
- You would typically be working on multiple projects, responsible for end-to-end project delivery.
- You will need to ensure that we provide fact-based strategic and tactical insights to our clients.
- You will be working closely with your project teams to guide them to conduct indepth secondary research and primary research, apply analysis techniques and derive interesting and meaningful insights for our clients.
- You may be required to travel within India/ overseas (typically emerging markets) for client meetings/ primary research.
Primary Responsibilities :
Project Delivery :
- Manage projects from resource mobilization to first contact to final delivery and ensure adherence to scope, timelines, budgets, quality standards, and risk management to ensure customer delight
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of the practice area (CPG & Industrial); provide thought leadership internally as well as to clients, including overall guidance, mentoring and supervision to the team
- Coach team with respect to conducting primary and/or secondary research and validate findings of team members
- Review project plans as well as deliverables and validate insights and strategic recommendations by the teams.
Ensure the teams are :
a. Validating the data obtained, and analysing it to extract insights and identify patterns (qualitative as well as qualitative)
b. Developing proxies and triangulations for difficult-to-get data points o Identifying trends, patterns and insights and applying them to arrive at solutions/ recommendations
- Overall supervision and management of project
- Ensuring project process adherence, TATs and compliance standards
- Over-manage client communication process including understanding requirements, expectation management and delivering quality outputs
- Manage partner relationships (as applicable)
- Manage and deepen client relationships, also identify further business opportunities with existing clients
Business Development and Solutioning :
- Actively contribute to the business development process, support sales teams in closing deals by participating in client calls and pitching solutions
- Design solutions based on client's requirements; define engagement structure including resource requirements, project travel, effort estimates and proposal pricing strategies
- Develop proof of concept of the solution (if required)
Practice and Organizational Development :
- Work with Senior Management Teams to define practice's vision and mission
- Assist in development and building of the practice team
- Collaborate with senior management in development and enhancement of knowledge nuggets and thought pieces, methodologies and frameworks, website content development, etc.
- Also build sales collaterals such as whitepapers and capability decks
- Monitor competitor activity and competitor strategies to benchmark firm's performance and identify improvement areas
- Manage practice specific vendors (database vendors, primary research partners etc.)
People Management :
- Career manager for the consulting team
- Lead and motivate all resources in the team, define their career goals and progression, retention management, including practice specific training and development initiatives
- Actively participating in organization-building activities such as hiring, process improvement & tracking, growing client accounts, etc.
Required Skills & Personal Attributes :
- Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with high standards for written and visual presentation of information as well as idea
- Excellent research, analytical, and numerical skills
- Ability to develop and articulate strategic recommendations based on rigorous data analysis
- Ability to partner with BD teams to understand client problems and marketing strategies; should have Business Development acumen and ability to identify Business Development opportunities
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to work with teams in a time-line driven high pressure environment (typical of consulting firms)
- Should be hands-on with exceptional execution/delivery capabilities
- Process orientation and high level of comfort with usage as well as customization of Technology tools
- The candidate should be able to lead client engagements at CXO as well as lower levels
- Self-driven with a high level of motivation and energy; a strong - can do- attitude; ability and willingness to work in a small and fast growing set-up
- Ability to pro-actively identify ways to contribute to firms goals & mission
- International experience will be an added advantage
- Professional appearance as well as manner of speaking
Educational Background :
- Bachelors degree (Engineering/ Commerce/ Economics) from a top-tier university (such as IITs, NITs, DU, etc.);
- And an MBA from one of the top institutions in India / abroad
Preferred Experience :
- 8-10 years of experience in Industrial sectors and/or Technology in a Strategy Consulting role
- Good understanding of Digitial Transofrmation and having developed strategy and implementation of DT programs
- Experience, deep understanding and thought leadership across 2-3 of the following industries : Chemicals, Construction & Engineering, Oil & Gas, Automotives, Pharma, A&D, etc
- Excellent understanding of the operations of large global manufacturing firms
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.