Embassy Group - Manager - Legal (7-10 yrs)
- Draft and legal vetting of agreements such as Lease, MOU, NDA, terms of service, consultancy, security, LLA, LOI and other contracts.
- Assist Leasing and Operations team in finalizing legal clauses of all lease related documents. Liaise with the concerned departments and external legal counsel to ensure timely completion of business.
- Co-ordinate with respective Leasing / Operations managers and maintain accurate record of all Lease related documents (LOI, ATL, Lease deeds, Addendums etc.). Ensure lease renewals are executed on or before the expiry of the lease.
- Act as a single-point contact to the leasing team and ensure all Title related queries and requests are fulfilled in timely manner.
- Create, review and update standard templates for regularly used documents. Ensure check list for lease deed execution is available and used by teams. Ensure on-going adherence to established procedures. Develop and finalize standard templates for all lease related documents for upcoming / under development Parks.
- Analyze obstacles wrt timely Registration of leases related to SEZ premises and recommend solutions and Standard Operating Procedure to ensure registration of such lease deeds before handover of premises to clients.
- Support business verticals by providing legal interpretations and provide proactive and pragmatic advice /solutions to the business on all legal matters. Provide Legal support as needed through design, construction, reconstruction and putting into operation commercial projects including supporting the Head of Function on legal aspects pertaining to M&A transactions.
- Analyze the business contract in line with business needs and exposure involved. Advise management on Risk
- Exposure (Evaluation and Mitigation) in line with business needs. Advise the management for modification of terms and condition on basis of risk identified.
- Manage the execution of agreement. Ensure payment of applicable stamp duty and timely registrations of all Leases in a portfolio. Maintain track and report on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Retail Operations team in a) vetting/finalizing leave and license agreements for all non-office related assets (b) Vetting service management contracts and (c) Maintaining record of legal correspondence.
- Ensure digitization, storage, retrieval and renewal of legal agreements and contracts. Maintain a park-wise, building-wise repository of all Title Documents and arrange easily retrievable storage system in a separate Records Room.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedure to verify upload of all Lease transaction/Portfolio related documents (Agreement/side letters/addendums/termination letters/ important communication from the clients etc.) by the Leasing team to Yardi within the specified timeframe.
- Impart training to other departments on applicable provisions of law in their area of operation.
- Support the Head of function develop and manage the legal department budget Review of retainer/advisor bill, court fee and administrative expenses.
- Litigation Support - Coordination with Corporate Legal and Retained external advisors with regard to pending litigation. Ensure efficient handling of litigation and keep track of progress till disposal.
- Ensure all legal compliances and work closely with the business and head of function to identify, manage and mitigate legal risk. Prepare and publish Legal MIS to share updates with management.
- Attend to other legal and compliance requirements as assigned by the Reporting Manager.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
Candidate should be qualified LLB with 7+ Years in Legal Profession from which at least 3 Years in Real Estate; work experience good in drafting commercial contracts, lease agreements, litigation. Knowledge of real estate, land and construction regulation requirements. Proven Experience in supporting Construction / Development and Leasing of Commercial & Retail space. Good orientation in REIT regulations, Corporate, Commercial, Finance, Administrative and other areas involved when operating a commercial real estate - focused business.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of business operations - Commercial Real Estate and REIT.
- Strong drafting and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and translate complex legal concepts and analysis to others.
- Demonstrable legal analytical skills, general business acumen and expertise in core areas of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal client groups and externally with executives and other attorneys within the organization.
- Organizational and management skills.
- Expertise in negotiating and concluding deals within defined parameters.
- Ability to create practical processes, guidance and training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization.