Embassy Group - Assistant General Manager/Senior Manager - Project (5-10 yrs)
- Understand the business requirements, cost estimate rationale
- Understand the scope of services of the Architects, Consultants and Project Management Consultants and battery limits of all the areas.
- Organisation of the site preliminary infrastructure works such as security, lighting, general cleaning and others as required
- Support in coordinating with the statutory authorities in getting the water, power and others as required.
- Drive the kick off meeting between the Architects, Consultants and Project Management Consultants for the design development of the project
- Scrutinising of the inputs and drawings delivered and make sure the design intent carried out
- Explore various options of value engineering to have an optimum solution
- Formulate the overall integrated master project plan and seek the detailed plan from the PMC
- Integrate with the overall project schedule (Site Logistics, SHE Plan, Package Wise Procurement Plan etc.) and estimate lead time for various activities
- Participation in vendor selection meetings and ratify considerations with the PMC and Consultants along with Core Team
- Participation in the Pre Bid meetings along with Consultants and others concerned
- Keep track of the complete negotiation process
- Study of the complete terms and conditions agree upon and follow up for the approval documentations with Corporate Finance in order to ensure high quality suitable vendors are deployed for the project with the budgeted cost
Execution and Monitoring:
- Getting the micro schedule from the vendors as agreed and as per the approved master schedule
- Integrating the complete schedule package wise and domain wise
- Monitoring the project schedule both package wise and domain wise
- Identify possible resource constraints and initiate preventive measures well in advance and take corrective actions to resolve problems
- Driving and Clarify priorities to the team and vendors, proactively estimate red flag issues, oversee and resolve escalations
- Study change requests received from Consultants/Architects and Contractors, if acceptable communicate rationale for the changes and seek the higher approvals in order to ensure project execution is within the budgeted cost, time, quality and safety parameters
- Certification of the bill payments as scrutinised by PMC
- Monitor cash flow plans per package, track scheduled vendor payments and resolve escalated issues raised by contractor if any
- Review the payments reports as and when required
- Monitoring the variance statements on frequent basis to make sure that the budgets are within the approved ones
- Monitor budget adherence strictly and seek approval from various stakeholders in case of scope change or in between design changes
- Coordinate for information, justification and provide rationale for the changes
- Assessing the impact on time and cost of the project with the concerned
- Monitor the completion of activities and assess stages of completion
- Participation in the auditing of the works and oversees the commissioning phase
- Overall monitoring of the preparation and completion of the punch list/rectification works and to make sure that all the works completed before informing to the business user
- Inform the business user and arrange for business user inspection
- Address queries and oversee that all changes are justified and documented
- Complete all relevant documentation and handover to appropriate user
- Monitor for completeness and handover of statutory compliances and related documents/licenses to the Client business in order to complete the commissioning and handover of the project to the Client business
- Support in the statutory approvals to be obtained at the site and follow up with the liasioning consultants
- Facilitate and check appropriate documentation
- Interact with statutory authorities, resolve escalations and provide direction to the project team members for any actions in order to prevent non compliances at the project site
Coordination with Clients and Leasing Team:
- Effective coordination with the Clients and representing on behalf of the company during the meetings
- Effective demonstration of the project during the Clients visit to the sites
- Coordination with leasing team in getting the proper information and the prioritization of the areas
- Reporting to Corporate office, Clients based on the predefined formats in all project areas as per the specified formats
- Make sure that all the concerned team members, consultants adhere to organisational discipline
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of companys business requirements and needs.
- Develop and maintain system plan including operational requirements, budget requirements and schedules.
- Develop and implement MIS policies to ensure data accuracy and security.
- Develop process improvements for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Perform periodic analysis to understand operational efficiency.
- Monitor MIS performance regularly to avoid unplanned outages and time lost in decision making.
- Coordinate with MIS team of Finance team to ensure that technology, infrastructure and operational requirements are met.
- Recommend and implement new technology solutions to improve productivity.
- Generate and circulate, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly construction MIS reports to all concerned depts as need be
- Knowledge of core engineering domain as well as other domains
- Project Management Techniques such as MS Projects and/or Primavera
- Broad knowledge of Industrial & PEB Building design parameters
- Basic quantity estimating, budgeting and material reconciliation
- Knowledge of quality, safety and other relevant applicable standards
- Should have been through complete life cycle of a large Industrial projects or Logistics Project of which independently handled at least one project of worth 150 Crore Plus in any other sector.
- First-hand experience of obtaining statutory clearances
- Experience in LEED/IGBC certified projects is preferred
- Analytical Ability
- Broad strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of world class change management.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid communication capabilities and practices, both oral and written.
- Good project management skills.
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive and/or emotional issues.
- B.E/B. Tech in Civil Engineering from a reputed Institute or University
- Masters in Construction Management is preferable
Experience - 5-10 Years