Talent Acquisition Manager at eGovernment Foundation
Views:638 Applications:237 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
eGovernment Foundation - Product Manager/Senior Product Manager (8-12 yrs)
eGov Foundation is a philanthropic mission that exists to improve the ease of living for citizens. Our focus areas are urban, health, sanitation and public finance management. Our mission is to make sure that everyone can access services from their local governments with ease and transparency.
We do this through our core offering DIGIT (Digital Infrastructure for Governance, Impact and Transformation), which is a digital public good. In other words, it is an open, interoperable free-to-use platform that offers solutions for citizens, first mile employees, administrators, commercial players and policy makers. It is made available to the federal government, states & cities for them to create programs and solutions for their contexts, in keeping with the federal structure of urban governance in India. DIGIT is also offered to commercial players, so that they can leverage it to build solutions and deliver programs working with governments. In run-time this translates into states, cities and commercials players using the building blocks from DIGIT to tailor solutions and programs that meet their needs and innovating on top of it to solve emerging problems.
Over the last 18 years, eGov has partnered with more than over 3 countries, 2600 towns and cities in 16 states across India, and more than 16 crore citizens have benefited from its platform.
We offer several things that sets us apart from other opportunities:
- The possibility of having massive societal impact. Our products and platform touches the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Solving hard governance and societal challenges.
- Work directly with central and state government leaders and other dignitaries.
- Mentorship from world class people and rich ecosystems.
About the role(s):
We are looking for talented and committed product professionals who are passionate about creating impact in public health, to join our product team to design, develop, and scale our open-source product for digital transformation of health campaigns - DIGIT Health Campaign Management as it gets adopted across Africa and the rest of the world. Digital transformation of health campaigns will improve campaign effectiveness, directly impacting health outcomes with an impact on millions of lives. Working with some of the most committed thinkers and doers in this space, this is an exciting opportunity to work on ideas and shape them into digital products that will bring about real impact.
Join our Product Team as we work at making this possible!
As the Product Manager / Senior Product Manager you will have the opportunity to leverage technology to build innovative digital products that enable positive change and make a difference to the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Product vision and strategy:
- Develop and execute the product strategy and roadmap: Define and communicate a clear and compelling product vision and strategy.
- Take complete ownership of the product, working with cross-functional teams of designers, developers, marketers, policy advocates, and other external and internal stakeholders to deliver on the product vision.
- Develop an implementable execution plan for the assigned product.
2. Product design and development:
- Conduct market and user research to understand the needs, preferences, pain points, and behaviors of the target users.
- Define the requirements, specifications, and scope of the product, as well as prioritize and manage the backlog, the sprints, and the releases along with the engineering and program team(s).
- Working closely with the designers, developers, and engineers to translate the product vision and strategy into a functional and user-friendly product.
- Test and iterate on the product, based on user feedback and data.
- Document product-related artifacts and knowledge for internal and external use.
3. Product launch, evangelisation and evolution
- Track and monitor product performance and achievement of success metrics.Drive implementation of the product through planning, data collection, training, product demos, and product release.
- Contribute to the evangelization of the products. Support in implementing marketing and communication plans for internal and external platforms and partners.
- Contribute to blogs, white papers, and case studies.
4. Collaborate with and grow teams
- Ensure effective engagement with other teams and well-coordinated work execution across the work streams (Product Design, Engineering, Platform, Program, Marketing, and Policy).
- Communicate effectively, influence and persuade others, resolve conflicts, and foster a positive and productive culture.
- Build and nurture the talent in the team: Coach, mentor and develop the next line of product talent in the team.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Senior Product Manager: 8+ years experience
- Product Manager: 4+ years experience
- Associate Product Manager : 2-4 years
- Product Analyst : 0-2 years
- Experience building platforms or B2B2C or GovTech solutions is preferred
- Experienced with great writing skills, product prioritization frameworks, prototyping & mindmapping, testing and documentation skills
- Experience with product artifact documentation.
- Exposure to technology / government sector / CSR / Social Sector is preferred
- Educational Background : We do not use educational degrees as qualifying criteria
You will be a great fit if in addition to being genuinely interested in understanding and solving real world problems you also have:
- Resilience and bias towards action
- Love working on complex and hard problems
- Are a "First principles" thinker
- Skills to leverage research and design thinking approaches to innovate and develop products that solve problems and truly work for the users.
- The ability to develop the vision and roadmap for new products
- Intellectual curiosity that is combined with pragmatic approach to delivering the product on time
- Successfully delivered products through collaborative efforts across multi disciplinary teams
While these are some of the markers that will give you an indication of your suitability for this role, what is equally, if not more important, is your interest in the area of #techforgood.
What you get:
- Opportunity to work on a one of its kind Platform
- See the impact of your work cutting across geographies, ethnicities, environments and at scale
- First hand experience building with "Design Abstraction"
- Exposure to the application of deep tech for impact
What is the selection process and how long does it take?
- After an initial screening by the team, we invite candidates for a quick chat over phone
- Following that, we invite interested/shortlisted candidates to work on a case study /assignment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to have 2-3 rounds of interviews.
We aim to complete the whole process in about 3 weeks of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply via the job link on Linkedin or on the careers page on the eGov website.
Read more about eGov Foundation and our work at:
At eGovernments Foundation, we are committed to creating diversity, equity and inclusion. Therefore, we actively recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.