HR Officer at Educate Girls
Views:1113 Applications:150 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:71
Educate Girls - Head - Communications (8-12 yrs)
About Educate Girls -
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally'- ) is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrollment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls. Their comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost.
Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. By leveraging the government's existing investment in schools, Educate Girls delivers measurable results to a large number of beneficiaries and avoids duplication or parallel delivery of services. Because of the sustainability and scalability of the model, Educate Girls has grown from a 500-school pilot project in the Pali district of Rajasthan to now serving thousands of schools, reaching millions of children in some of India's most remote areas.
The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years.
Job Profile -
The Head of Communications will lead and be responsible for Educate Girls - strategic direction for integrated communications and brand salience whilst driving engagement with partners and key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Global Development Director, the position will be responsible for the development and implementation of long-term and short-term communications strategy with clearly defined objectives and budgetary projections.
You will guide a team of 3-6 people comprised of managers and regional officers, designers and associate to plan and executive a broad range of activities to increase brand visibility, manage brand perceptions and fortify relations with various stakeholders as well as support the efforts of other functions. Working closely with the founder and senior leadership, you help communicate their ideas and viewpoints to establish them as thought leaders.
The position will operate out of the head office in Mumbai but will require to travel extensively to program locations in India. Certain projects may entail travel outside of India.
Areas of Responsibility
The job responsibilities will be basically divided into 3 buckets:
- Corporate Branding - This will include branding on social media and participating in sector-specific events.
- Village level content - This will include creating behaviour change literature which includes content and layout and design for banners, pamphlets, leaflets, wall paintings, hoardings and dissemination of the same.
- Creating communication for leadership: This will include ad hoc communication for Educate Girls, which comprises of presentations, speeches, and soft pointers. The leadership usually has at least one engagement every week. This is the frequency at which you will be involved.
More details on other responsibilities include -
Public Relations -
- Serve as the primary media contact for media queries and further coordination for interviews.
- Track coverage of press releases and other publications written by/about the organisation.
- Stay informed of market drivers and industry news and share insights with the teams.
- Train regional teams and spokespersons so they can appropriately manage queries from regional journalists.
- Nominate the company and members of the management team for relevant awards.
- Assist leadership in drafting articles, reports and journals.
- Represent the organisation at relevant forums for networking.
Implement Marketing Communications Strategies:
- Develop and implement integrated communications and marketing strategies for the organisation and other functions.
- Develop brand design campaigns, marketing collateral, annual reports, newsletters, audio-visual material, stationary & merchandise.
- Identify other relevant marketing opportunities.
- Set communications budget and track utilization.
- Conduct a brand audit to define brand positioning statement, core messages and the appropriate media mix.
- As custodian of the brand, you will be responsible for developing and promoting clear guidelines for brand representation and ensure consistency in visual and verbal communication.
- Help make sure that the organisation's philosophy, mission and vision are conveyed and practised throughout the organization.
- Manage brand reputation including crisis management.
Stakeholder Communications and Engagement -
- Leverage present partnerships and forge new strategic partnerships to augment brand reach and awareness.
- Provide communications support to donors and partners and build co-branded campaigns to drive interest and engagement.
- Oversee content and analytics of the organisation's website and blog and manage brand pages on various social media platforms.
- Create engaging content specific to each platform and devise and execute online campaigns to boost engagement.
- Map and reach out to influencers.
- Drive online fundraising initiatives.
- Create and disseminate e-mailers.
- Study trends and manage online queries and comments.
- Evaluate efforts against set matrices and budget.
- Conceptualize and execute events for increasing brand visibility and engaging with various audiences.
- Conceptualize and curate events to engage with key stakeholders like the Government, impact investors and the media.
- Supervise the event, create collaterals as required, manage guest relations and track expenses.
- Promote the event through various media vehicles.
Does this sound like you?
- You have at least 8 years of work experience in corporate communications
- You are well-networked with local and national media (Hindi media preferably.
- You have a proven track record in developing and leading comprehensive communication plans created under budgetary considerations.
- You have team management experience.
Good to have:
- You have prior experience in non-profit or education sectors.
- You have a creative aptitude combined with aesthetics.
- You are amazing at resource and time management
- You are sensitive to issues of gender equality
- Educate Girls is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.-