Educate Girls - Director - Human Resources (12-19 yrs)
About Educate Girls
Established in 2007, Educate Girls (a project of 'Foundation to Educate Girls Globally') is holistically tackling issues at the root cause of gender inequality in India's education system that has helped to ensure over 90% enrolment and higher attendance as well as improved school infrastructure, quality of education and learning outcomes for all girls. Their comprehensive model helps communities assess their school situation, initiate action plans and empowers them to sustain positive results at the lowest cost.
Educate Girls believes that if girls in the most backward gender gap districts are educated now, they will have the potential to enter the formal economy, gain employment and lift their families out of poverty. The non-governmental organization has a management and outreach office in Mumbai and operations in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh and is committed to launching interventions in multiple new geographies across India over the coming years.
About the role
The HR Director heads the HR department within the organisation. The purpose is to support leadership in translating the organizational strategy into HR strategy and drive excellence in HR operations. As the HR Director, you work closely with other members of the senior management team on matters like people strategy and organisational growth.
HR Strategy: Provide direction for people practices in line with the organization's vision, mission & strategy by putting in place a framework and ensuring the implementation of the following;
- Workforce Planning
- Employer Branding
- Succession Planning & Performance
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Employee Engagement
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Compensation Strategy
- Reward & Recognition
Competency Development (strengthening HR decision making by leveraging technology solutions for HR analytics).
- Lead, establish & sustain HR processes pertaining to Recruitment, Onboarding & Induction.
- Payroll processing.
- Performance management.
- Procurement & Vendor management.
- Exit management.
- Statutory compliances.
- Disciplinary management.
- Contract management.
- Guide the HR team on the statutory compliances and ensure adherence to local labor laws & regulations.
- Plan audit calendars and respond to audit findings and recommendations.
- Work with Senior Management team on all operational and administrative issues. Build HR capability within the function.
- Work closely with Executive Director and advise her on the people aspects.
- Represent Educate Girls in various forums as and when designated by the organization.
- Present quarterly HR updates on relevant HR metrics to the board on core and specific projects.
Does This Sound Like You?
- 12+ years of core Human Resources experience across functions like Talent Acquisition, HR process development, optimization, and manpower planning. 5+ years of Pan India HR management experience.
- Previous core line or corporate HR experience.
- Previous experience with leading a team.
- Previous experience with scaling organizations mainly manpower planning - linking back to Talent Acquisition.
- Should have worked on distributed teams - for at least 2 + years.
- Good knowledge of computers - Windows & Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Collaborative mindset
What's on offer: A competitive salary of upto 30 lacs per annum (negotiable)