HR at Edelweiss Financial Services Limited
Views:1098 Applications:97 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Edelweiss Financial Services - Company Secretary (8-10 yrs)
Women currently on break will be preferred.
About Edelweiss :
Edelweiss is a complete financial services firm, evolved over the years from a boutique investment bank. We have built a strong presence across verticals in the equity capital markets, financing, asset management and now retail business.
The firm's culture promotes entrepreneurial and results-driven approach while teamwork and intellectual rigour are an integral part of one's performance. We encourage members to display higher levels of initiative, hunger for learning, be self driven and taking on additional responsibility.
We recognize and nurture talent. Learning is embedded in our DNA and has been a constant feature of the Edelweiss culture. Working with Edelweiss means constantly challenging your own capabilities to reach newer heights. Edelweiss considers itself as a - young- organization and defines young as hungry for growth and driving that hunger through innovation and creativity- our core values.
Role Definition :
- In depth knowledge on companies Act and allied corporate laws
- Preparing and filing :
a. Necessary documents, returns, forms with ROC as required under Companies Act, and with Stock Exchange as required under Listing Agreement
b. Statutory returns/records with Registrar of Companies, RBI, Stock Exchange, etc.
- Preparing the minutes of Shareholder, Board & Committee Meetings as required under Companies Act involving issuance of notices, drafting agenda, recording minutes all applicable to closely held companies, etc
- Recording change in share capital, e-filing of all periodical & other returns to Registrar of Companies & other special assignments relating to corporate affairs
- Maintenance of statutory registers
Corporate Matters :
- Managing procedural formalities pertaining to Change of Name, shifting of Registered Office
- Handling incorporation of companies, creation, registration, modification & satisfaction of charges, etc.
- Issuance of securities by private placement and public issues
Liaison Work :
- Interacting with Banks, SEBI, RBI, Stock Exchanges, ROC, Regulatory Authorities, etc. to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Liaising with :
a. Statutory, Internal and Secretarial Auditor
b. Stock Exchanges, SEBI, ROC, NSDL and CDSL
c. Distinct issues such as following, handled
d. Ensuring compliance with the statutory requirements
e. Joint Venture - shareholders- agreement, company incorporation.
- Coordination with various internal stakeholders
- Timely Updation of records
- Vetting of documents - merger, delisting, rights issue, preferential allotment, FCCB .
- Independently in charge of compliance schedules, governance structures Company Secretarial & compliance matters of all SBUs.
- Able to manage, support and guide the team.
Experience : 8 -10 Years
1. Mid level (Sr. Manager / any immediate designation above this ) 8-12 yrs
2. Mid level (Manager) - 7-8 yrs
Educational Qualification : CS
Soft Skills : Analytical skills, Ability to interpret various Acts/Laws /Regulations.