Head - Recruitment at People Realm Recruitment Services
Views:1188 Applications:171 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Economist - Trading Desk Domain - Global Asset Management Firm (0-3 yrs)
We are currently hiring an Economist - MS Eco / PhD in Eco from a Tier 1 school / University, experience or course work in Financial economics or econometrics is desired.
Level - Analyst
Employer - Global Asset Management Firm
Location - Hyderabad
The client is looking for an economist to join the Financial Research group based in Hyderabad. The group works closely with various front office groups to provide high-quality, in-depth support to the investment research and decision processes of the firm's global proprietary trading strategies.
This role is responsible for analyzing global economic developments and other related opportunities in the interest rate and FX markets; it provides the opportunity to work with the front office groups to develop models related to trading strategies.
The role's responsibilities include:
- Following, analyzing and summarizing important developments related to global economic conditions, central bank policies and financial data from different sources.
- Developing and maintaining quantitative models to forecast macroeconomic data and assess the outlook for economic conditions, global interest rates, and exchange rates.
- Aid in front office data analysis efforts by collaborating closely with the technology development teams in the firm.
- Collaborate on researching/analyzing methodology documents provided by government statistical agencies and maintaining dashboards to monitor model output and keeping track of macroeconomic as well as financial market movements.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A master's in economics (or a closely-related field) or a Ph.D. (or equivalent qualification) with strong empirical/econometric skills.
- Knowledge of interactions between economic developments, financial databases like Bloomberg, and statistical packages like E-views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.