Recruitment Lead at Risk Resources
Views:3612 Applications:276 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Economist - IT Sector (1-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- Follow, analyze, and summarize important developments related to global economic conditions, central bank policies, and financial data from different sources.
- Develop and maintain quantitative models to forecast macroeconomic data and assess the outlook for economic conditions, global interest rates, and exchange rates.
- Research methodology documents provided by government statistical agencies.
- Work with front office groups to develop models related to discretionary and systematic trading opportunities.
- Aid front office data analysis efforts by collaborating closely with technology development teams.
- Maintain dashboards to monitor the output from various models and keep track of macroeconomic as well as financial market movements.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR :
- A master's in economics or a closely related field, or a Ph.D. (or equivalent qualification), with 1 - 8 years of relevant experience and robust empirical/econometric skills.
- Knowledge of interactions between economic developments, financial databases like Bloomberg, and statistical packages like E-views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.