Consultant at Spectrum Talent Management
Views:1999 Applications:200 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:11
Economist - Financial Research - Consulting Firm (2-5 yrs)
WHAT YOU- LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- Follow, analyze, and summarize important developments related to global economic conditions, central bank policies, and financial data from different sources.
- Develop and maintain quantitative models to forecast macroeconomic data and assess the outlook for economic conditions, global interest rates, and exchange rates.
- Research methodology documents provided by government statistical agencies.
- Work with front office groups to develop models related to discretionary and systematic trading opportunities.
- Aid front office data analysis efforts by collaborating closely with technology development teams.
- Maintain dashboards to monitor the output from various models and keep track of macroeconomic as well as financial market movements.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A master's in economics or a closely related field, or a Ph.D. (or equivalent qualification), with two to five years of relevant experience and robust empirical/econometric skills.
- Knowledge of interactions between economic developments, financial databases like Bloomberg, and statistical packages like E-views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.