Manager at Randstad India Pvt Ltd
Views:560 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:36
Economist - Economic Research - BFS (7-12 yrs)
JOB PROFILE :
Dept/SBU : RESEARCH
Location : MUMBAI
Position / Job Title : ECONOMIST
Role Description :
- This is a specialized role which reports to the Director with a primary objective to drive macro economic research and publish a range of authored reports covering the full spectrum of economic research. The role delivers the needs across all businesses of the group especially investment banking & advisory.
Basic Role :
- Develop the overall framework for Macro economic research. Drive different research themes such as:
- Macro economic research (indicators, tracking and analysis, reporting & forecasts - GDP, inflation, IIP, CPI and Per Capita Income).
- Trade and investment trends and flows (imports, exports, CAD& FDI, FII Investments)
- Global indicators and factors (energy, gold, interest rates & currencies)
- Government policies and impact of changes (RBI policy, budget & other policies) - Develop specific research products relevant for, the various business verticals based on their needs.
- Engage with different categories of investors along with the Managing Director, B U Heads and origination teams.
- To make presentations as and when required to the internal team to update them on the various developments/ trends in the economy.
- Media engagements in the form of presentations on the economic scenario as and when required at a much later stage.
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes :
- Extremely well versed with Indian Economic Scenario.
- Extremely up to date with the government Finances, budgetary trends, regulations and policies.
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical bent of mind and very good presentation skills.
- Good knowledge & understanding of broader global markets across asset classes.
- Strong maturity profile, Interpersonal skills, highly articulate & adaptable. - Capability to deal with a diverse set of stakeholders including management, leadership team, investors, clients and regulators.
- Ability to establish credibility of Trust Group capabilities and economic research. Total Desired Experience:
- 7 to 10 years overall experience including 6 years as an Economist, with Financial services, Consulting or Rating agencies.
Qualification: MA in Economics.
Compensation: Relevant & competitive compensation offered for role. Shall include fixed & variable pay.