Consultant at Econolytics
Views:6131 Applications:682 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:205
Econolytics - Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist (2-9 yrs)
We are hiring Data Scientist/Sr. Data Scientist for a leading company and was awarded as - Best start-up in AI for Retail- by future Group in 2019.
Company is building state of the art AI software for the Global Consumer Brands & Retailers to enable best-in-class customer experiences. Our vision is to democratize machine learning algorithms for our customers and help them realize dramatic improvements in speed, cost and flexibility. Backed by a clutch of prominent angel investors & having some of the category leaders in the retail industry as clients, we are looking to hire for our data science team.
The data science team at our company is on a mission to challenge the norms and re-imagine how retail business should be run across the world. As a Junior Data Scientist in the team, you will be driving and owning the thought leadership and impact on one of our core data science problems. You will work collaboratively with the founders, clients and engineering team to formulate complex problems, run Exploratory Data Analysis and test hypotheses, implement ML-based solutions and fine tune them with more data. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impact our business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement data-driven solutions based on advanced ML and optimization algorithms to address business problems
- Research, experiment, and innovate ML/statistical approaches in various application areas of interest and contribute to IP
- Partner with engineering teams to build scalable, efficient, automated ML-based pipelines (training/evaluation/monitoring)
- Deploy, maintain, and debug ML/decision models in production environment
- Analyze and assess data to ensure high data quality and correctness of downstream processes
- Communicate results to stakeholders and present data/insights to participate in and drive decision making
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field from a top tier college
- Willingness to work in a start-up company
- 2+ years of experience in a data science / analytics role in a technology / analytics company
- Solid mathematical background (especially in linear algebra & probability theory)
- Familiarity with theoretical aspects of common ML techniques (generalized linear models, ensembles, SVMs, clustering algos, graphical models, etc.), statistical tests/metrics, experiment design, and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrable track record of dealing with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, bias for iterative learning, and delivering results in a dynamic environment with minimal guidance
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following:
(a) Anomaly Detection
(b) Time Series Analysis
(c) Product Clustering
(d) Demand Forecasting
(e) Intertemporal Optimization
- Good programming skills (fluent in Java/Python/SQL) with experience of using common ML toolkits (e.g., sklearn, tensor flow, keras, nltk) to build models for real world problems
Computational thinking and familiarity with practical application requirements (e.g., latency, memory, processing time)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
(Plus Point) Experience of applying ML / other techniques in the domain of supply chain - and particularly in retail - for inventory optimization, demand forecasting, assortment planning, and other such problems
- (Nice to have) Research experience and publications in top ML/Data science conferences
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.