Chief Executive Officer at HR Interface Corporate Services (Recruitment Consultancy & Executive Search)
Views:747 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
eCommerce Head - Operations - Beauty Cosmetics & Wellness Business (10-15 yrs)
About The Company (our client):
A trailblazing, high growth story in the making, we at (confidential) are essentially re-imagining what shopping for beauty & wellness on the Indian Internet space means today for the savvy & discerning Indian beauty shopper, while being the first to create a mobile first user experience for beauty eCommerce. But being mobile first is not our only unique value proposition.
The conversation is only getting started! Backed by a deep tech approach in everything we do to make this experience absolutely immersive & delightful - helping enable the decision making process of buying, based on a lot of heavy lifting we- re doing in the backend to make a buying experience that has not been seen or experienced before at this high tech scale & quality, is what promises to blow away the Indian consumers & at the same time give beauty & wellness brands a platform unlike any they- ve had before for the best of reach & impact.
Quality, Curation, Platform, Presentation, Depth & Specialization are going to define how we present our offerings to our eagerly awaiting target audience of digital natives. Come build with us if what you- ve read so far has excited you to want to work with us. Read on for more.
The Indian beauty cosmetics & wellness industry is worth upwards of $ 6.5 billion growing in double digits year on year. It is an unsaturated, lesser tapped industry with massive potential to grow & expand owing to its super users - young digital natives that place a high value on personal grooming & care taking., & spend billions of dollars every year (looking to make intelligent, data, AI & machine learning fuelled decisions which we are enabling for them)
Company industry: E-Commerce / Internet
Specialization / Focus: Beauty, Cosmetics & Wellness
Location: Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai
Role/Designation: Head - E-commerce
Role Summary: We are looking for a Digital Immigrant / Digital Native with more than a decade + of immersive experience in internet / ecommerce led businesses from the start of their career having been working, learning & growing across the entire spectrum of a thriving ecommerce business getting crucial exposure to the entire technology ecosystem, business planning, strategy, Category Management, Omnichannel management, Fulfilment, Logistics & Ecommerce - leading large teams that drive expansive & well-heeled growth for a conscientiously & sustainably scaling tech first e-commerce business. We- re looking at this role setting up the entire function, building out teams & leading the company to success on the might of well-set processes & a strategically managed ecommerce business practice.
- Leadership role for a Beauty/Wellness
- E-commerce start-up looking to sustainably but dynamically scale its unique value proposition.
- Independently manage the P&L for different categories
About Our Client:
Seeded in 2019, our client is a series A funded set-up that has some of the most gifted folks in tech (india & global) building a massively disruptive product in the rapidly monetizing beauty & wellness space in e-commerce.
1) P&L Ownership:
- Full stack responsibility for top line, contribution margin and EBITDA for respective categories.
- Strong cross functional partnership with Demand, Merchandising (Supply), Site Merchandising, Inventory & Operations team to deliver profitability goals for all categories.
2) Assortment & Merchandising:
- Deliver the on brand promise of head to toe beauty & wellness, serving the customer segments with highly curated & intelligently procured products serving their needs, deeply leveraging machine learning, data analytics & AI as well as well-established demand/supply networks.
- Lead & Define product assortments/collections for the brand by product-types / clusters, optimize assortment width within clusters for better inventory turns while ensuring full range availability for the customer, together with the founding team.
- Build, Lead, empower and mentor the Merchandising & Supply teams in India & abroad
- Lead, design and execute supplier/vendor agreements with both domestic & international suppliers/vendors. Lead vendor negotiation and strategic partnerships with key Vendors/Suppliers.
3) Thought Leadership & Partnership:
- Product & Tech: Engage with product & tech teams on long term projects, provide business insights & project scoping for:
i) Demand Projects: Ensure demand conversion continues to strengthen with the right investments & pushes in the right product features.
ii) Supply Projects: Ensure optimal automation for operational excellence.
- Go to market: Engage with Marketing & Site Merchandising teams to design the events calendar, customer engagement programs and promotion strategy with the objective to feature the right merchandise, pull in traffic, and deliver the right value proposition (promos, bundling, liquidation) to ensure conversion.
- Inventory: Ensure we offer the customer well built out categories with high in stock rates.
- Pricing Analytics: Work closely with Analytics team on defining the right pricing strategy to offer the customer best in class value yet delivery on profitability goals.
- Problem Solving: We are looking to build a delightful & never before seen product experience on the back of deep data-driven decisions, sophisticated supply side logistics network and world-class operations to solve the search, discovery & buying decision-making problem of consumers looking for beauty & wellness solutions - a $ 6.5 billion industry. Think you- re up to the challenge? Write in to us today.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 10+ years of P&L Management experience
- Category management experience in an e-commerce set-up, preferably with deep experience in beauty/wellness categories as well.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
What's on Offer?:
- An opportunity to set the tone for beauty/wellness e-commerce in India (Tier 1 cities) & selected international geos as we expand our high-end tech product & grow with a phenomenally gifted team of folks who are also great fun to work with!
Please apply with the updated CV and the following details :
Total Years of experience:
Total eCommerce exp:
Ctc (fixed+variables+esops breakup):
Any exp in beauty/wellness categories? If yes, pls state no of years & companies in which you have this exp:
Any experience in managing a P & L?:
Any experience in managing teams, do mention the size of the biggest reporting team you've handled?:
HR Interface Corporate Services
Mumbai | India