HR at Ecoforge Advisors Pvt Ltd
Views:2112 Applications:279 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:277
Ecoforge Advisors - Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst - ESG (2-8 yrs)
ESG Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst
Number of Positions: 4
Employment Type: Full-time Fixed Term Contracts (renewed based on performance and client requirements)
About Ecoforge Advisors :
Ecoforge Advisors is an advisory and consulting services firm focused on clean energy, energy efficiency, electric mobility, ESG, sustainability, and climate finance. We are based in Bangalore, India and operate through a network of partner firms and consultants based in other locations. Clients of Ecoforge Advisors include green/impact asset managers, large institutional investors including insurance companies and pension funds, private equity funds, multilateral and bilateral development banks, commercial banks/financial institutions, industry associations, UN agencies, project developers and service providers.
Ecoforge Advisors has recently signed an agreement with a large European financial services provider/institutional investor to provide business analysis and advisory support for their proposed Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG)-compliant investment fund.
About our Client :
Our client is a well-established global organization based in the UK, with a long history and strong brand recognition in financial services industry. The organization is digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for their customers. At the same time, the organization recognizes the importance of ESG frameworks and risks applied to investments and financial services worldwide, particularly in the wake of Covid-19. The organization intends to play a key role in addressing climate change, social change and corporate responsibility through its ESG-compliant and responsible investments, aiding a green and sustainable global economic recovery.
About the Role :
To support our client in their vision, we, at Ecoforge Advisors, are looking to hire upto 4 exceptional professionals who are passionate about ESG-compliant responsible investments, climate change, impact investments and also understand the role of digital transformation, data analytics, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) in catalysing such investments.
We, at Ecoforge Advisors, as well as our client know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks.
What we Offer :
We offer an exciting and fast-paced work environment, client-facing responsibilities, opportunities to work with a globally renowned financial services provider and play a key part in setting up the necessary frameworks, processes, digital tools and systems to enable ESG-compliant investments. We also offer an attractive compensation for these positions.
Role Description :
- The role is to work with our client's Investment (Technology) team as Senior Business Analyst/Business Analyst, allocated to a multi-disciplinary squad aligned to ESG and responsible investments-specific research capability.
- The focus of this role will predominantly involve working with our client's research analysts across asset classes, as well our client's investment management and engineering/technology development teams. There is a need to identify process change and technology enablement opportunities in order to allow our client to scale its ESG and capital markets research capability globally.
- Working with investment management teams of our client will be a fundamental part of this role, and the key stakeholder teams would include research analysts, ESG analysts, portfolio managers and client directors.
Key Responsibilities :
- Collect user requirements and data, prepare Business Requirement Documents (BRD), conduct data analytics and build data models, analyse and validate requirements and changes requested by investment managers, research analysts, technology product managers and client directors/business managers.
- Conduct primary and secondary research, develop analytical reports/concept notes/proposals/ presentations, prepare and deliver training programs to various stakeholders.
- Collaborative problem solving and stakeholder management by carefully weighing up options and involving appropriate individuals in making complex decisions collaboratively
- Clearly identify and state problems, perform logical, structured and detailed analysis to capture a range of internal and external factors, and take into account any gaps between existing and target systems and processes
- Carry out effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and drive agreements for a desired future state addressing the business problems, end-user buy in and strategic enterprise objectives
- Take full responsibility of identifying and resolving problems and bottlenecks and be seen as highly competent and as a go-to person by all stakeholders for using techniques to carry out analysis such as business process flows, wireframes, story maps etc. in order to translate user needs and articulate functional and non-functional requirements
- Be able to foresee, prevent and mitigate risks and issues with delivery, to take fresh views and avoid rigid thought patterns
- Check their assumptions, question people when unsure of matters, challenge high level solution assumptions and analyse data from a variety of sources, sifting key information from the trivial
- Create and present compelling business cases to justify the value of solutions and gain appropriate approval, funding and prioritisation
- Challenge the user in clearly articulating and prioritising requirements to design efficient solutions demonstrating business/customer benefit with minimal oversight
- Set the direction and help others to use the standards and tools (for example, JIRA, VISIO, ProcessFlows, etc.)
- Model complex business processes and system workflows, using a suite of tools to map out the end-to-end processes and workflows
- Manage activities, deliverables, stakeholders and relationships with solution vendors and implementation partners to ensure solution quality and understanding of the business context
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of product and business strategy and lead large and/or complex analysis initiatives impacting one or more teams
- Become an ESG and research/analysis technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) and use the deep technical and/or business knowledge to facilitate conferences within and outside of the firm
- Proactively share best practice, appropriate methodology and standards to each assignment and be seen as a go-to person who effectively communicates ESG, technical and agile concepts to non-expert/non-technical people
- Develop a good understanding of Agile frameworks, methodologies and tools and know how to apply them in their working environment
- Be highly competent in working with the Scrum team and promote collaboration to analyse and define high-level Epics and Stories to create a well-organised, value-driven Product backlog to provide the required business value
Ideal Candidate Profile :
- The role is ideal for someone with about 4-5 years (Senior Business Analyst)/2-3 years (Business Analyst) of overall work experience in ESG, responsible investments, investment management or investment research AND development/testing/extensive usage of technology tools/data analytics/digital transformation in financial services industry. Knowledge of and work experience in ESG principles/frameworks, IFC Performance Standards, agile development, program/product management is required and preferred.
- An MBA or a Masters degree in Finance/Management or CFA or similar degrees is required, ideally with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Candidates with relevant Bachelors degrees and 5-6 years of relevant work experience may also apply.
- Candidate should be able to build robust analytics and data models, possess excellent spoken and written communication in English, and possess strong problem-solving, interpersonal and people management skills, apart from strong analytical and negotiation skills. Ability to work in international teams as well as independently will be essential. Demonstrated ability to work in teams and with clients and partners of various nationalities will be a key attribute. The candidate should be a self-starter, keen learner and adaptable.
This role is ideal for someone who can:
- Inspire deliver exceptional performance by helping multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams to connect the purpose of their work (ESG/responsible investments), beyond the impact to the bottom line
- Support teams to make effective decisions, collaborate across silos, speak up and take personal accountability
- Develop strong relationships, with various teams and stakeholders, understand them and their capabilities well, empower, stretch and support them to develop
- Encourage teams to solve business problems creatively and collaboratively and question the status quo
- Invite differing views and provide positive challenge to others
- Be curious and insightful about customer's needs and support teams to adapt to the changing environment
- Oversee operational delivery and ensure controls are followed
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV and a short cover letter describing your suitability to this role before 5th February 2021. Applications without cover letters will be rejected without consideration.
Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled, so we will close the application process if we find the right candidates earlier than this deadline.