e-GMAT - Subject Matter Expert - Quant (0-5 yrs)
Quant SME :
1.1 ABOUT THE JOB :
Work as a Subject Matter expert (SME) in one of the most successful test prep companies in the world. Get trained by experts who are rated as the best in their respective fields. Empower students to attain their full potential and change their lives both, one student at a time and at scale. Go beyond the job of a typical SME (conducting classes) learn how to leverage data to create and refine content. In addition, work with Customer Success, Product Management, and Technology teams to improve student workflows to ensure student success.
1.2 ABOUT E-GMAT :
e-GMAT is on a mission to make online test prep more effective than studying with a private tutor. We plan to achieve this by building technology which when combined with our teaching pedagogy, makes learning more effective and personal, powering customer success. The stupendous success of our students is a testament to the success of our strategy and of 10-years of investment in pedagogy and technology. Two metrics demonstrate this success:
1. Reviews : We are GMAT Clubs most reviewed company. We have twice as many reviews as the next most popular company Veritas Prep.
2. Student Success Stories : 29% percent of test takers who used any form of preparation material credited their success to e-GMAT.
e-GMAT started in 2010 with one full time and two part time co-founders and $10,000 in investment. We had 200 paying customers from 4 countries in our first calendar year. Today, we are a team of 40+ full-time people spread over two continents, and four locations. We have helped more than 50,000 from 60 countries achieve their target score and realize their dreams.
If you are passionate about empowering peoples dreams and changing their lives, then you should check out our job openings and evaluate whether you are a fit. To succeed at e-GMAT, you need to be a lifelong learner, be ready to embrace change, and imbibe our values of honesty, persistence, and transparency.
1.3 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Ensure Student Success :
As part of the Subject Matter team, your primary job will be to ensure student success. You shall do this through two channels
1. Internal forum posts : You will address students doubts in our internal forum posts
2. Live sessions : You will host live session to address student doubts
Enhance e-GMATs content repository :
- Using data, and your judgement, you will identify opportunities to improve e-GMATs existing content in order to reduce the number of forum posts, and to better serve students needs. Once approved, you will then work with Design (e-Learning) and Technology teams to execute the improvement.
Create learning modules :
- You will create learning modules for existing courses as well as for new courses. These modules may contain conceptual videos, assessments, application videos or a combination of the all three.
Represent e-GMAT on public forums :
- You will represent e-GMAT on public forums, helping students understand the simplicity and effectiveness of our methods.
Enhance existing work processes :
- Working with Product Management, Technology, and Design teams, you will identify opportunities for process improvement, opportunities that either improve students workflows or yours or both. Once approved, you will then define and implement these opportunities.
1.4 KEY SKILLS :
There is no minimum experience required for this position. It is open to freshers as well as experienced individuals. You must at least have an undergraduate degree. Other than that, we are looking for someone who has
1. A logical and analytical mindset.
2. Should have excellent presentation skills.
3. Good writing skills and a solid command over the English language.
4. A willingness to learn.
1.5 EXTRA CREDIT :
The following are not required but you get extra credit for the same :
1. Bachelors degree from a top undergraduate university.
2. Solid GPA in school and in undergraduate/graduate studies.
3. Stellar scores in one or more of GMAT/GRE/CAT/SAT/ACT.
4. Prior teaching work experience.
Note: Please feel free to apply even if you don't meet all the above criteria.
2. COMPENSATION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS :
2.1 COMPENSATION :
Commensurate with experience and at par with the best in the industry.
- Fixed component : 6 Lacs to 15 Lacs
- Equity and Bonus : up to 20 Lacs over a 4-year period based on performance
2.2 LOCATION :
2.3 RECRUITMENT PROCESS :
The recruitment process is based on a written submission and an in-person assessment. Please read the following blog post ( http://bit.ly/39Tg8MZ ) for the same.