e-GMAT - Director - Marketing (4-15 yrs)
Director of Marketing
Are you skilled at optimizing marketing funnels? Do you have the experience converting prospects at scale? Have you managed and upskilled teams of marketers? Do you strive to work for an organization that truly democratizes learning - that makes quality education previously available only to the top two percent available to the masses?
Continue reading if the answer to one or more of the above questions is - yes- ; this may be a position where you make a difference.
2. ABOUT E-GMAT
e-GMAT is on a mission to make online test prep more effective than studying with a private tutor. We plan to achieve this by building technology which when combined with our teaching pedagogy, makes learning more effective and personal, powering customer success. The stupendous success of our students is a testament to the success of our strategy and of 10-years of investment in pedagogy and technology. Two metrics demonstrate this success:
1. Reviews: We are GMAT Club's most reviewed company. We have twice as many reviews as the next most popular company - Veritas Prep.
2. Student Success Stories: 29% percent of test takers who used any form of preparation material credited their success to e-GMAT.
e-GMAT started in 2010 with one full time and two part time co-founders and $10,000 in investment. We had 200 paying customers from 4 countries in our first calendar year. Today, we are a team of 40+ full-time people spread over two continents, and four locations. We have helped more than 50,000 from 60 countries achieve their target score and realize their dreams.
If you are passionate about empowering people's dreams and changing their lives, then you should check out our job openings and evaluate whether you are a fit. To succeed at e-GMAT, you need to be a lifelong learner, be ready to embrace change, and imbibe our values of honesty, persistence, and transparency.
More than 9000 prospects log into (5000 new, 4000 returning) the e-GMAT portal every month and enter our conversion funnel. The current conversion funnel is so designed that more than 50% of our students convert automatically (i.e. without writing or speaking with us). As Director of Marketing, you will inherit this funnel, and improve the same.
1. Track and improve effectiveness of acquisition channels
We acquire 5000 new users every month from various channels (Google, Facebook, partner etc.). Your goal will be to evaluate the effectiveness of these channels and rationalize our marketing budget to maximize the impact of our marketing dollars.
2. Build new channels
- You will define metrics that a proposed channel should meet and evaluate new channels against the same. These metrics shall encompass all stages of a prospect's journey.
3. Increase effectiveness of influencers
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing influencers and work with subject matter, support, and other teams to enhance the same.
4. Personalize prospect experience - at scale
- We have a freemium model at e-GMAT such that we offer 20% of the content as a part of the free trial. Understand the needs of acquired users and personalize their free trial experience such that they can experience key features of the e-GMAT offering and go further down the funnel, making their purchase decision easier.
5. Educate Prospects
- e-GMAT's methods, teaching pedagogy, and our online platform are unique in the industry. Working with design and technology teams, you will help prospects understand how these methods combined with the platform help deliver score improvements that are much higher than those delivered by competitive platforms.
6. Address Prospect's concerns at scale :
- You would identify key concerns that prevent prospects from purchasing the courses and create collateral - white papers, videos, etc. - to address the same. In the process, you will also help students choose the right course.
To effectively carry out this job, you should have the following skillset at the minimum:
1. Personalize user's experience using event-based personalization strategies
- You should have experience in event-based marketing and personalization - using events to track effectiveness of marketing campaigns and perform A/B testing. You should also be able to map user journeys in form of events.
2. Draw inferences from data
- You should be able to look at complex data sets, ask the right questions, and draw inferences about user behavior, campaign effectiveness, and the impact of influencers.
3. Build new influencers
- You should have experience in building influencers and creating tracking mechanism to demonstrate the impact of those influencers.
4. Create standard marketing collateral
- You should be adept at creating collateral for landing pages, emails, advertisements, white papers etc. You should be able to objectively rate content in terms of effectiveness.
5. Build Attribution models
- You should have experience in developing attribution models and in collecting data to quantify the impact of campaigns.
6. Train and manage marketing team
- You should be adept at and have experience working with at least one of the dashboarding tools - Tableau, Power BI, etc. Further, you should be adept at using the typical MS Office tools.
4.1 TOOLS KNOWLEDGE
Dashboards: You should have demonstrated experience in working with Dashboard tools - Power BI, Tableau, or any other equivalent BI tool.
Behavioral Analytics: You should be an advanced user of one or more of behavioral analytics tools such as Kissmetrics, Mix Panel, Google Analytics etc.
Advertising tools: You should have experience in common advertising tools such Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Quora etc.
Standard tools in marketing stack: You should be familiar with the tools in the marketing stack - email, smart bots, landing pages, etc.
4.2 BONUS POINTS
The following experiences and capabilities can help your case if you
1. Have experience in building and scaling marketing teams.
2. Have aced two or more competitive tests - GMAT/GRE/CAT etc.
3. Have been an entrepreneur
Note: Please feel comfortable to apply if you don- t meet all the criteria for skills and experiences.
Commensurate with experience and at par with the best in the industry.
- Fixed component: 20 Lacs to 35 Lacs
- Equity and Bonus: up to 50 Lacs over a 4-year period based on performance
6. LOCATION : Delhi, Bangalore
7. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree (min), MBA preferred
Experience: Min - 4 years.
8 RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Check out this blog post( http://bit.ly/39Tg8MZ ) to know more about our hiring process.