e-GMAT - Director - Customer Success (4-10 yrs)
Director - CS
1. Do you love doing work management?
2. Do you have a knack for understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your team members and guiding them appropriately to reach their potential?
3. Do you love - talking to data-, understanding what it is telling you and accordingly taking appropriate actions?
4. Do you love taking on challenges such as reducing the number of emails sent by customers by 30%?
If your answers to these questions is - yes-, then read below to understand the roles and responsibilities of this job.
2 ABOUT E-GMAT
e-GMAT is on a mission to make online test prep more effective than studying with a private tutor. We plan to achieve this by building technology which when combined with our teaching pedagogy, makes learning more effective and personal, powering customer success. The stupendous success of our students is a testament to the success of our strategy and of 10-years of investment in pedagogy and technology. Two metrics demonstrate this success:
1. Reviews: We are GMAT Club's most reviewed company. We have twice as many reviews as the next most popular company - Veritas Prep.
2. Student Success Stories: 29% percent of test takers who used any form of preparation material credited their success to e-GMAT.
e-GMAT started in 2010 with one full time and two part time co-founders and $10,000 in investment. We had 200 paying customers from 4 countries in our first calendar year. Today, we are a team of 40+ full-time people spread over two continents, and four locations. We have helped more than 50,000 from 60 countries achieve their target score and realize their dreams.
If you are passionate about empowering people's dreams and changing their lives, then you should check out our job openings and evaluate whether you are a fit. To succeed at e-GMAT, you need to be a lifelong learner, be ready to embrace change, and imbibe our values of honesty, persistence, and transparency.
1. Build and execute training programs for Customer Success (CS) team
You will be responsible for the performance of your CS team. You will be responsible to create and execute effective training plans to train your team of Customer Success Champions.
2. Lead the CS team to achieve student success
Direct Customer Success and Customer Happiness teams to focus on activities that lead to student success. Such activities may include conducting onboarding sessions, creating self-help student portals, enhancing student workflows etc. Work with the Director of Product management to monitor metrics such as student success, NPS, e-GMAT reviews.
3. Track metrics of the Customer Success team
For each of the regular activities that the CS team performs, you will establish metrics and you will report the same to the management. Identify abnormal behavior (increase in workload, student dissatisfaction in an area etc.), identify the root cause, take corrective actions to address the same and take preemptive decisions so we continue to improve the support offered to our students.
4. Support Product launches
Provide inputs and justifications for new feature development. Communicate feature enhancements to Customer Success and Happiness team members, creating incremental training plans if required.
5. Process improvement
At e-GMAT, we strive to continually improve our processes. We strive to be better than our earlier version. Accordingly, you will be responsible for identifying the opportunities of process improvement and once approved, you will plan and implement the same.
To effectively carry out this job, you should have the following skillset at the minimum:
1. Skilled team manager
You should be skilled in managing your workforce to ensure that your team works in a well-coordinated manner with the intent to accomplish its goals.
2. Possess excellent communication skills
You should be skilled in written and spoken English. This implies that any piece of content that you write should be structured well and should be written in grammatically correct English in order to communicate the intended message appropriately. Likewise, this implies that you should be fluent in the English language so that you are confident to speak with everyone - be it your team, your colleagues or the students.
3. Project Management
You should be skilled in managing projects right from the concept stage to the close out stage. You should have demonstrated evidence for the same.
4. Tool Knowledge
You should be adept at and have experience with working with at least one of the dashboarding tools - Tableau, Power BI, etc. Further, you should be adept at using the typical MS Office tools.
4.1 BONUS POINTS
The following experiences and capabilities can help your case if you
1. Have experience in building and scaling support teams
2. Have aced two or more competitive tests - GMAT/GRE/CAT etc.
3. Have taught in the past
4. Have been an entrepreneur
Note: Please feel comfortable to apply even if you don- t meet all the criteria for skills and experiences.
- Commensurate with experience and at par with the best in the industry.
- Fixed component: 15 Lacs to 25 Lacs
- Equity and Bonus: up to 30 Lacs over a 4-year period based on performance
7 EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree (min), MBA preferred
Experience: Min - 4 years.