Talent Acquisition at Dyson
Views:4099 Applications:1314 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1311
Dyson - Senior Brand Manager - Floor Care (6-8 yrs)
Purpose of the Role:
Dyson is looking for a candidate who will be a part of the India marketing team under the Home & Health vertical and be a long term asset to the India organization. It offers the opportunity to grow alongside with the business in India. This candidate will assist the Category Marketing Manager to deliver and execute an integrated marketing and operations plan that builds the Floor Care (cord-free vacuums & other NPD) category and reputation of Dyson in market. The role will report into the Category Marketing Manager, who reports to the Director of Marketing for India.
This will be an individual contribution role with an exciting opportunity to lead the biggest category for Dyson India driving exponential growth plans year-on-year with complete category P&L ownership. The role provides the unique opportunity of category building in a complex market fueled by significant behavioral & market changes in recent times.
Key Responsibilities -
Devise category strategy & deliver on plans with execution excellence & complete P&L responsibility
- Understand the category & business via in-depth consumer & category insights, digital & e-commerce landscape & retail understanding.
- Assist marketing manager to develop category strategy and portfolio/range plan based on in depth understanding of the floor care category.
- Develop and execute the plans in-line with marketing strategy to hit share growth, funnel metrics and P&L targets (top-line and bottom-line)
- Manage the category budget and annual planning process (complete ownership)
Develop communication strategy and lead to execute media plan (primarily digital media)
- Develop communication strategy, brief to creative/messaging, brief/buy media, and support creative production & adaptations
- Assist marketing manager to covert communication strategy into media plan in collaboration with the media team.
- Work closely and collaborate with media partner, internal PR and other cross-functional teams to deliver against plans.
- Review effectiveness and efficiency of media spending and propose on-going optimizations.
Work closely with Marketing Manager to deliver the Product Initiatives (Launches, Promotions, other)
- Develop project calendar and manage resources; Engage everyone on aboard, both internal/external
- End-to-end project management & ownership of all NPD launches
Other Key Responsibilities
- Development of long-term vision and & short, medium & long-term strategy for the category
- Help with creation of product/proposition/ranging road-map in partnership with Global Commercial teams.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams internally and externally (partners) including working seamlessly global & regional teams.
- Past FMCG experience / Strong experience in category creation and scale-up will be preferred
- Driven by a strong desire to win and making things happen
- Entrepreneurial, be unafraid to try new things, able to deal with ambiguity, and willing to take risks
- MUST be passionate about Technology AND Marketing;
- Extremely strong with EXECUTION and ability to OWN + DRIVE (with cross-functional stakeholders) - Detail oriented, plan and materials produced must be meticulously executed;
- Strong ability in project management, prioritize while multitasking a number of high-priority assignments, excellent at cross functional schedule management and strong follow-through;
- Problem solving, must be able to critically and actively analyse situations, spot issues, and present viable solutions (can-do attitude is a MUST);
- Intelligent, independent thinker, strong aptitude in analytical thinking, rational, and prompt; strong with data analysis, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
- Engineering spirit, direct and to-the-point, tenacious, constantly evolves and learns by repetition and trial and error to arrive at better and better solutions; Engineering background would be a definite plus;
- Team player, flexible, patient, and able to work cross-functionally, managing and motivating stakeholders.